Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Urine infection again!  (Read 1933 times)

bramble

Urine infection again!
« on: May 19, 2018, 02:54:55 PM »

Just been to the doctor again with a urine infection. No pain but dark, cloudy urine with lower back pain. He gave me ABs for 5 days and sent sample off for test. Went back a week later with no improvement but clear urine now - still lower back pain. The first sample grew bacteria so have another AB for 3 days.
Slightly better now but still feel yuck.
Asked him if it was the start of VA and he said no. Have upped my intimate routine - now use moist wipes after toilet paper, making sure underwear is changed every day, drinking lots of water, taking paracetemol and ibuprofen for back.

Thinking of regularly taking a probiotic and/or cranberry/d-mannose capsules. Any thoughts??

Bramble

Daisydot

Re: Urine infection again!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 03:04:56 PM »

Yes bramble stop the moist wipes and use the bottle wash method,after bowel movements use toilet paper,I buy Unbleached from amazon,then have a little water bottle with lukewarm water nothing else and squirt over back passage while squatting over loo,sounds aerobic but you soon master it lol,I also do this after a pee.dont douche just squirt the water over these areas to remove any deposits.then dry off with either a flannel kept for this or your toilet tissue.Ive not had a uti for a good 12 months at least ,that's went from every other week and numerous antibiotics,it's worked very well for me I was so desperate I'd have tried anything.was it ecoli infection did he tell you which bacteria.dmannose is only helpful with ecoli infections.you can get vaginal probiotics if you want to try them.are you taking treatments for v.a too?.xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 05:21:01 PM »

Bramble - don't drink cranberry or any fruit juices as these will make the urethra burn. Avoiding as much sugar as possible will help and avoid caffiene and fizzy drink as well.
Probiotics may be helpful and try drinking a glass of water with half a teaspoon if bicarb of soda morning and evening. DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 06:25:29 PM »

What does the GP think is causing the infection?  These don't appear on their own.  Bacteria lives in the back passage so toilet hygiene is essential.  I use wipes without any problems. 

My Victorian Gran swore by bicarb of soda for lots of things ........ they had little to draw upon in those days.  Cranberry juice as an aid to bacteria cure has been over-ruled.

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 07:31:40 PM »

Hi

Sorry not sure what age you are and if your going through the menopause etc

Would just like to say to keep an eye on this,I'm not trying to scare you, as I do have Spina Bifida that can pre dispose me to UTI's but up until last year I hadn't had one in 30 plus years, you will probably be fine 😀  but  last year I ended up in hospital after repeated urinary tract infections after my GP just kept prescribing courses of antibiotics it was an E-Coli that was causing my issues I would be fine on the antibiotic and as soon as the course finished the infection would be back within a few  days in all fairness I did have a temp as well and was quite poorly, It was only by doing my own research that I found that if you have more than say 2 or 3 infections confirmed with a positive test within say 3 months then you should be referred to a urologist. I saw a consultant urologist and had various tests done and all were fine so I was put on antibiotics for 6 months along with Vagifem he also recommended to take a cranberry capsule I also take a probiotic. I am now off the antibiotics but have been advised to continue with the Vagifem and the Cranberry capsule indefinitely and fingers crossed so far have been fine.

It's just sometimes I think GP's just throw Antibiotics at these infections they see it as a woman thing at a certain time in your life 😀 but if they become a regular occurrence then they should be investigated further

Hopefully yours has settled down