Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Monthly Headaches  (Read 1462 times)

Capod

Monthly Headaches
« on: May 19, 2018, 12:30:12 PM »

Hi I've been using a "period app" for years due to endometriosis ruling my life, I'm now in peri menopause-140 odd days period free, I've been recording headaches on my app (not alcohol related ones tho :P) and have noticed I'm getting them pretty much monthly they are not bad or problematic but wondered if anyone else has noticed this

Daisydot

Re: Monthly Headaches
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 12:38:41 PM »

Hi and welcome Capod.yes it's one of the many menopausal symptoms as when your oestrogen is low your insides are drying out so you'll find you'll get a lot of sinus headaches maybe even hormone induced migraines.are you on hrt maybe post some additional info about this so the ladies can help and advise you,there's steps you can take to help yourself cope.good luck xx

Capod

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 02:44:53 PM »

Hi as long as it's normal they don't bother me much I certainly wouldn't say they were migraine, I'm quite lucky so far I'm going it alone with regards hrt choosing herbal instead, I have Angus castus to hand for days when I feel a bit hormonal and raspberry leaf as back up too. It was more of an observation that the headaches seem to have replaced my periods but occur on a monthly cycle

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 05:23:21 PM »

Hi and welcome to mm Capod
Headaches often get worse when meno hits - very normal for the peri meno stage. DG x