Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What are risks of taking Ovestin 1mg vaginal gel long term ?  (Read 4950 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: What are risks of taking Ovestin 1mg vaginal gel long term ?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2018, 02:00:18 PM »

Then don't.   I've been using treatment for 5 years, we are sexually active so well lubricated regularly.  I get a warning and launch back to the treatment. 

Dierdre

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2018, 05:51:36 PM »

I haven't been sexually active for years and used to wonder if this is why I suffer so bad with atrophy and why others don't get it at all.  Although reading other posts this doesn't seem to make any difference as many sufferers on here have partners.  I wonder why some women don't get this, what do they do or not do differently?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2018, 06:00:40 PM »

Dierdre - I don't think atrophy is anything to do with what we have or haven't done. There are probably many factors involved and I suspect most women suffer in one way or another and simply put up with the discomfort because they are embarrassed to ask for help.
I personally believe that local oestrogen should be offered to every women once meno starts, before atrophy symptoms emerge, as the long term benefits would be so good. DG x

Dierdre

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2018, 08:58:23 PM »

I agree, I would have took oestrogen before if I'd known it would have helped. The trouble was I'd never heard of atrophy before I had it and it came on with no warning almost overnight.  I had hardly any other meno symptoms and was 8 years post meno before this started so had no need for HRT previously.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2018, 09:15:14 PM »

I certainly haven't been celibate and my VA started in the peri stage, so I don't think it has anything  to do with not having a partner. I think it's vastly under reported and a lot of women don't go to their doctor and either suffer or buy the various non prescription products available.
Pages: 1 [2]