Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Testosterone implants - time to start working and soreness  (Read 906 times)

SunnyG

• HRT really helping brainfog, tiredness, depression

Hi, for anyone with a testosterone implant, how long did it take to start working and did it feel sore around the implant site for a while? I've had an implant for 5 days now and worried it's not working, but maybe too soon.

Grateful for any advice.

Robin

Re: Testosterone implants - time to start working and soreness
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 10:40:39 AM »

Topical testosterone can take several months before the effects are felt but I'm not sure if it's the same for implants. Didn't the doctor advise how long it might take?

SunnyG

• HRT really helping brainfog, tiredness, depression
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 10:46:25 AM »

Thanks for replying, he said about 3-4 days to start working but not sure what he said about when it would fully kick in. Brain fog makes it so difficult to remember things. Next time I think I'll take someone with me to make notes.

Robin

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 11:21:18 AM »

It's so hard to remember everything that's been said after an appointment it's happened to me many times. I asked the same question on here about testosterone cream when I first started it as I thought I remembered the doctor had said it would take several months to start working but I wasn't sure and I was hoping as things had been so awful for so long that members would tell me it started working sooner than that.  After 1 month of using the cream I'm noticing that I have more energy so I guess it's beginning to work but I don't have the full effects yet.

Hopefully somebody with experience of implants will be along soon to help.

Good luck
Robin

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 08:27:18 AM »

SunnyG I'm seeing him tomorrow so I'll ask. Is there anything else you want to know while I'm there?

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 09:53:05 PM »

He said you should see some improvement after 3-4 days and the full effect after 2 weeks though he did sound a bit hesitant when he said it. He said it's primarily for libido and any number of things could cause the tiredness.