Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New member, not sure how this works but could do with some advice please.  (Read 3809 times)

Dancinggirl

Dotty is right I'm afraid - you should probably get things checked as you rally shouldn't be getting bleeding now. You womb lining has probably  built up or you may have a polyp or fibroid - neither of which are dangerous I themselves but would cause erratic bleeding. Having a Mirena fitted could be your best option if you want a non bleed, low hassle hrt regime - you simply add oestrogen as gel or patch when you have the Mirena in place.
You could also try a sequential hrt and put up with monthly bleeds.
DG x

Dawn W

Thanks people. Am going to try to get an appointment with the gp tomorrow.
Wish me luck with that one!

Dawn W

Ok, managed to get an appointment yesterday. I've been referred for a probable hysteroscopy or scan. Am now panicking like mad!
I had a hysteroscopy some years back & had to have a general anaesthetic as I don't relax!!
Am now really concerned that if I have to stop taking the hrt to have it, all my acute anxiety & 'foggy' head & terrible sweats will come back with avengence!
Then what happens when I restart it afterwards? Do I have to go through all the terrible side effects again, like before?
Have read so much on all things menopause, I feel like my head is going to explode.
All advice much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Dawn

Dotty

I think the advice is to keep taking hrt until you get the results of hysteroscopy. X

Dawn W

Update.....
Had a hysteroscopy yesterday. Not as bad as I feared to be fair!
I have a fibroid that needs removing. Now got to wait for an appointment.
I've been told that I can continue to take hrt while I'm waiting, which I'm pleased about.
My worry now is that the oestrogen in the Elleste Duet conti (2mg) is feeding the fibroid. After I've had it removed, do I continue with this one or move to a lower dose one? I.e... Femoston conti 1/5?
What do you lovely ladies think?
Dawn W

Dancinggirl

Pleased it went ok Dawn. Things may be fine now but I'm surprised they didn't suggest having a Mirena fitted while you were there, as this would prevent fibroids from developing.  You could still have a Mirena fitted and use oestrogen as gel or patch alongside - this can be a good, no hassle, non bleed HRT option.  Perhaps discuss this at the appointment. DG x
Pages: 1 [2]