Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Newbie here!  (Read 1038 times)

shrosphirelass

Newbie here!
« on: August 02, 2018, 06:11:11 PM »

Hi, I'm a newbie to this site. I'm 56 and have still been having  regularish periods. I feel like I have been in peri for ever, at least 10 years! Recently my hormonal headaches have got so awful I can't manage. Ive was prescribed mefamic acid ages ago which doesn't touch them. Also tried a low dose antidepressant which is used for migraines, but just made me sick. I had a ear nose throat referral (sinuses all clear). I also feel dreadfully sick and have waves of intense nausea intermittently with dizziness. Have to take a pack of sweets with me where ever I go which helps with the nausea or perhaps distracts me from it a bit. I haven't had hot flushes but have been permanently hot and this week have had flashes of heat and dizziness that feels like I am going to pass out. I have finally given in and am trying HRT, evorel sequi and am so nervous as side effects say headaches and nausea! The Dr suggested I started on half a patch to begin with and see how I got on. Started yesterday, felt sick all day but then felt sick before I took them! Anyone get any experiences to share? Looking forward to talking to some of you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie here!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 06:34:23 PM »

HORMONES!

I had some of your symptoms in my mid-30s and was advised to eat every 3 hours, 24/7 to keep the body nourished.  Could be related to low blood sugar which can cause sudden dips in energy = intense nausea. I had to ask to use a loo in a Chemists one day, she was not keen and began to suggest that I find the public ones well actually .......... I wasn't ill but I felt AWFUL and I don't think that she felt much better  ::)

Once I had started to eat slow release foods every 3 hours: bananas, dried fruits and nuts, crackers, a meat sandwich : the surges eased.  Until I forgot  >:(.  Even now, 20 years later, I carry foods with me.

If all else fails I eat Dextrose tablets, if they fizz it means my sugars are low.  Recommended by the Ramblers Association, a diabetic friend and a Pharmacist they are a quick fix.  Particularly when walking and I forget to eat B4 my body is hungry. !  ::)

Maybe look at your overall diet against your exercise regime and made adjustments if necessary.  Pancakes are great, the mix can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days and used immediately the body needs it.

AgathaC

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 08:34:16 PM »

Shropshire Lass, how are you getting on? Xx

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 03:48:24 PM »

Well I'm on day 15 of the evorel, just starting the conti two weeks (combined) patches. First 14 days ok, pretty permanent fuzzy head and headache behind my left eye, but not too bad and nothing like the usual headaches I have, so I'm guessing its a side effect and hopefully will settle. Am already finding this site a life line. It's great to talk to people who understand and share info.

How are you?

AgathaC

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 06:40:45 PM »

Today is a good day!
Apart from having a menopausal moment and standing in my office kitchen holding my large and (always) sore boobs in a rather odd way and then realising three chaps who work for me were standing outside looking at me through the window.
Hey ho, not the weirdest thing I've done  ::)

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 06:00:33 PM »

That made me LOL AgathaC!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 06:54:22 PM »

May I giggle ..............