Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1006 times)

Tombell

• First Flush
Hello
« on: May 28, 2018, 07:22:45 AM »

Hello
I'm starting the peri-menopause at 41 and have questions, so many questions...  I don't have anyone to ask; so I hope you don't mind me asking you...
I started noticing things changing about 6 months ago.  I'm sweaty and beetroot faced a lot of the time (is it normal to be flushed on the face and chest but not feel hot?); my memory is shot to peices, mood is all over the place, and I cry at everything, especially happy things.  My attention span is stupidly small; I'm tired but can't sleep, suddenly spotty again, anxious about stupid things.  I ache and feel like I'm fighting a cold all the time and my sex drive is just all over the place.  My periods last barely a day and are completely erratic after being clockwork for years and I get cramps like I haven't had since being a teenager.
How do I calm it all down?!!
I have seen my doctor several times, and while my symptoms are those of peri-menopause, because the blood tests don't show the relevant hormone levels, he won't give me HRT (is this normal or just a doctors choice?).  The tests for thyroid etc. came back negative.
Can you advise what I can do to help?  There are so many supplements and I don't know where to start.  I just want to feel normal again.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 09:42:02 AM »

Sounds within normal limits to me!

GPs are so set in their ways.  Some think that unless a lady has hot flushes, they can't possibly be in menopause.  Also ladies can't be in menopause unless they are a 'certain' age  >:(.  rubbish!

Browse round.  Make notes.  Some ladies keep a food/mood/symptom diary 2 chart progress. 

You could read the daisy web-site too though I think one has to pay for information.  Do you have a Practice Nurse you could chat with? 

As oestrogen levels drop off muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Also the body may become dry, in side and out so do read our threads on vaginal atrophy  ::) forewarned is forearmed.

Supplements may help but often when hormones over-ride any benefits felt may be lost.