Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New to menopause  (Read 1403 times)

slayer

New to menopause
« on: May 11, 2018, 04:15:15 PM »

Hi everyone,

hope your all well, I was told a few weeks back that I am in early stages of the menopause, only found this out because the Dr did some extra blood tests. been having blood tests for a year or so for other health issues. had been telling my Dr that I was prob in the early stages of menopause but never checked for it because he thought i was too young. year later finally tested for it and what a suprise i'm in early stages of menopause.

I'm not doing to bad at the moment, always had hot flushes with my periods but the ones I have now are stoping me from getting sleep at night. just turning over in bed starts one off. low energy too.

would welcome any advice from you guys regarding how to manage these symptoms.

thanks take care

Dotty

Re: New to menopause
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 04:38:22 PM »

Talk to your doctor about hrt.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 07:20:27 PM »

Hi slayer

:welcomemm:

As Dotty says - but also how old are you and what are your cycles doing? Are they getting longer, bigger gaps between, periods heavier, lighter etc?

Other things are: keeping to a healthy BMI - ie losing weight if you need to, reducing caffeine and alcohol and I think spicy foods also reduce the intensity of hot flushes - but if you are under the natural age for menopause of 51/52 and your periods have started getting infrequent then HRT is recommended to help protect your heart and bones among other things.

Hurdity x

slayer

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 09:22:09 AM »

Thanks ladies only just stopped having periods and from what I have already read HRT would not be good for me as I have migraines. I'm only 44, gained loads of weight a few years ago and have since lost that weight and I'm at a more healthy weight. periods changed from heavy to very light 3 years ago, not had one at all this month.

Good to hear spicy foods can help with the hot flushes, love spicy food.

thank again ladies

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 09:52:50 AM »

HRT is perfectly safe to use with migraines and might , in fact, make them better. Oestrogen in the form of gel or patches is recommended for migraine sufferers . Look up Dr Louise Newson- she has lots of good advice .

slayer

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 01:12:35 PM »

Thanks Dotty

Mushyjam49

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 03:33:32 PM »

Hi, ooh spicy food will increase the hot flushes as will sugary drinks, alcohol and caffeine.  Everything in moderation lol... I also love spicy food but they send my Hot flushes into overdrive as soon as I mention Chicken Jalfraisi or a Balti!!!!! eeekkkk  :'(