Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Newbie - appoint tomorrow in Harley St - questions to ask?  (Read 1465 times)

anon2021

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and just looking for any advice!

Im booked into Nick Panay's clinic tomorrow (though cant see him until Oct) so seeing one of his approved protogee's. Tried also to see Prfessir Studd but no appoints until July.

Im 48 been having fluctuating hormones for some time and really feel i need some help.

GP did test me last year but bloods appeared normal thouggh am assuming that is because it is a snapshot on one day!

My symptoms are occasional night sweats, hot flush (mornings only), ridiculously heavy periods, feelings of rage (!), brain fog (forgetting words even!), zero libido and terrible disturbed sleep. I feel like a shadow of my former self.

My GP prescribed low dose contraceptive pill which i can go through back to back to avoid period and although may have steadied symptoms a tiny bit im just not getting to the bottom of this. Am assuming i am prob perimenopausal?

Any advice would be most welcome!

😀🙏

Dotty

Re: Newbie - appoint tomorrow in Harley St - questions to ask?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 05:48:52 PM »

Sounds like peri menopause. Write all your symptoms down so you don't forget anything.

anon2021

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 07:11:40 PM »

Thanks Dotty, I have my trusty list!

anon2021

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 03:17:52 PM »

Hello, so today went well. I have come away with Estrogel, Utrogestan capsules and Androfemme (Testosterone gel). The protocol will hopefully stop my periods too for now as well as help with all the other symptoms. I am to keep her posted on how ifeel so we can juggle doses etc accordingly.  Fingers crossed! Not cheap, £700 but hopefully worth it. Does anyone know roughly how long they take to make a difference?

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 03:55:21 PM »

I would say 2 -4 weeks to start noticing a difference and 3 months to take full effect.

How often will you be taking the Utrogestan?

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 07:41:46 PM »

Hi anon2021

:welcomemm:

Will you still be taking the POP as well as the HRT described?

I am a bit confused about your prescription as you say it will stop your periods. If you are peri-menopausal ( ie still getting some periods) it is usually only possible to stop periods with very high doses of progestogen eg with the Mirena coil. Maybe you have been asked to take a very high dose of the utrogestan?

It will help if you let us know the dosage of estrogen and progesterone you have been prescribed and what you think your natural periods are doing (if you know)?

Great that you have also been prescribed Androfemme.

Yes many private doctors are often very expensive - but oestrogel and utrogestan are both available on NHS, but as yet Androfeme is not available - and as far as I know is the only product currently on the market at all anywhere specifically designed for women! Would be interested to hear how you get on with it.

Hurdity x

anon2021

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 08:30:03 PM »

Hi Hurdity and Dotty, thank you for your replies. 

I will be taking Utrogestan 100mg each night for 25 nights. She said there may be a slight breakthrough bleed and, if so, to stop for 4 days until my body gets used to it. (As opposed to only taking it 10 days or so per month). Hence the potential no period.

Oestrogel is 2-3 pumps per night and Androfeme 0.5ml Per day.

We have gone for the no period approach via Utrogestan as I am not able to have the Mirena coil fitted because of prior surgery. Although they are going to look into this.