Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Panic Attacks  (Read 5789 times)

dangermouse

Re: Panic Attacks
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2018, 10:42:35 PM »

It relaxes you and you may get a little rush of euphoria as the ‘poison' alert mechanisms kick in to get it through your liver as quickly as possible!

I think it's good to test the system now and again  ;)

Pumpkin55

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2020, 08:07:32 PM »

CLKD what emergency pills do you take when suffering from a panic attack?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2020, 09:15:51 AM »

Morning - I expect to be shouted down but here goes  ::).   My GP prescribed 'valium' - initially 10mg 3 times a day for 3 weeks then 5mg as necessary.  After 2 years I dropped that to 1mg which is hardly anything.  Taken the night B4 events I was unable to get out of, knowing that I could add another tablet during the day - it was never necessary.  Then I had a couple of funny reactions which made me feel worse so I managed  until 2002.

The GP prescribed Propranolol nightly: at first 80mg then 40mg - after several years I was waking with background dull headache so cut it to 20mg - in March I stopped completely, as I needed to know if the headaches were due to the Betablocka or what ever was doing the rounds at the time!

My as-necssary tablet is Lorazepam 1mg.  I used to wait to see whether the panic would go, now I take it immediately.  A small dose of medication which either enables me to cope or knocks me out so that I get relief from the panic attacks.  Both 'valium' and Lorazepam can be addictive but as I know 1 tablet works 4 me, I have never needed any more.  The effects get me out of the situation.  It was almost 2 years between needing one [and I can't remember why that might have been  ::)].

There, you did ask  ;D

Baby

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2020, 09:35:31 PM »

My mom takes a low dose of lorazepam 1mg a day and has for years without needing more. She says that 1mg has saved her life so it shows you don't have to take it and automatically keep needing more.

Cassie

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2020, 11:21:32 AM »

My mom took half a valium tablet twice a day for over 50 yrs. Right up into her 90s.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2020, 11:40:30 AM »

Tnx. 

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2020, 02:23:07 PM »

What ever it takes  8).  It's about managing the anxiety in order 4 me to cope. 

Justjules

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2020, 09:51:32 PM »

I take 1mg diazepam a day, if anxiety as dipped so I can cope and get myself out, I’ll have the other half 1mg

I’ve taken it like this for 3/4 years and have no problem wanting more
Even just taken a 1/4 of 1/2mg
Which is mini mini hardly worth taking.
But
It gets me to be here 😀

Clio, how do you manage to get diazepam prescribed??

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2020, 08:21:02 AM »

My GP never queries what I require because he knows that I am sensible and there are several different doses of 'valium' to help anxiety.  Have you had problems Justjules?  He and I have had long discussions over the years and close monitoring.

Justjules

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2020, 10:27:27 AM »

The only time our drs let you have diazepam is for flying....even then I have to beg. I have a secret stash at the moment as my Mum is on them in the Nursing Home and every now and again she feels she doesn’t need it so gives the spares to me for emergencies! They’re only 2mg and don’t seem to do anything to be honest, doesn’t even feel like I’ve taken it for some reason.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2020, 11:45:38 AM »

2mg should ease symptoms.  At what stage of anxiety to you swallow one Justjules?

Justjules

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2020, 03:24:33 PM »

Usually if I’m feeling a bit anxious but not anxiety in the sense of panic, more that I’m worked up about something.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2020, 04:38:14 PM »

If the anxiety doesn't get worse after you have taken the med., I would say it's working enough to keep you from full blown panic?

Justjules

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2020, 05:46:22 PM »

I really don’t know to be honest. I don’t tend to get full blown panic these days. I’m feeling that rubbish and worn out at the moment. Almost 12 months since my Mum started being poorly, months of staying part time with her and keeping my own house in order, plus she had several hospital stays which culminated with her having a breakdown and enter ring the Nursing Home for two weeks respite in January....she’s still there thanks to Covid mainly but has made the decision to stay there bless her. It’s been so stressful and emotionally draining. My tank is empty, no energy or stamina, even a walk wears me out so the odd diazepam comes in handy now and again!

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2020, 07:14:05 PM »

Especially if you use something to help good quality sleep?  No wonder you are running on empty!  Give yourself a treat  :foryou: :medal:
Pages: 1 [2]