Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Uti again ? Doctor says no  (Read 7026 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Uti again ? Doctor says no
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 12:48:40 PM »

How R U this morning?  Get pain relief down you and maybe add an extra dollop of Vagifem mid-day ......... it works for me when symptoms grumble ;-)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:27:16 PM by CLKD »

Nellie Noo

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2018, 12:55:28 PM »

Still the same CLKD 😬took your advice and took some nurofen last night which did help x
So should i double dose on the vagifem .. one now and another later ??  X

Joaniepat

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2018, 01:02:35 PM »

You can insert two at once if you like. Remember the old strength of Vagifem was 25 mcg, but now it's only 10 mcg.
JP x

Nellie Noo

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2018, 01:19:41 PM »

Thank you ... will do ! X

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2018, 07:28:02 PM »

Let us know how you get on?  It really is trial and error and some ladies find that they require vagifem every night.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2018, 07:51:23 AM »

I have to use Vagifem every night, a female GP at my practice told me she prescribed 5x weekly to her patients as that is equivalent to the old dose and most couldn't manage on the recommended 2x a week.
I would definitely up your weekly dose from now on.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2018, 10:18:58 AM »

Thanks you so much ! I didnt get  any info like this from my doctor . In fact when i started hrt recently she suggested i came off the vagifem . ... even though i was presenting with all these “uti “ symptoms ! Now thanks to you ladies i realise what i am experiencing is lack of oestrogen in the bladder and my bits  etc and its this that is causing the pain ! No way i am coming off vagifem ! Cant thank you all enough ... really xx

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2018, 10:25:53 AM »

How R U this morning? GPs know very little/nowt about menopause and how symptoms, although normal, affect women >:(

They wouldn't tell a diabetic to come off treatment once it began to work: would they?

Nellie Noo

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2018, 10:37:55 AM »

Fingers crossed CLKD ...slightly better . I took your advice and used two vagifem yesterday ... and have decided that for the time being i am going to be using it daily ! Pain relief working and been religious with the silk moisuriers . Am slightly cross that the gp didnt give me any of this advice ... just gave me the anti biotics in case the results of the urine sample were positive . But no advice given if results were negative 🤔 . Love this forum !!!!! X

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2018, 10:42:12 AM »

GPs think that ADs are the best thing since ...... however. Over-use will cause the World real problems within 10 years apparently.  Bugs are getting resistant!  GPs don't realise how much VA can cause problems, they think that 'dry' is, well dry - not how dryness might affect the skin etc..

You may find that you maintain relief by using it daily anyway.  So speak to your GP B4 you need your next script ........

Nellie Noo

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2018, 11:41:54 AM »

X

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2018, 10:13:49 PM »

How's symptoms?

Nellie Noo

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2018, 12:28:25 PM »

A bit better 👍 but still having bladder problems . The pain has subsided not as bad as it was, but cannot go an hour without going for a wee or feeling i need to go for a wee !😬( hate that horrible dragging sensation !  )
Using one vagifem a day now and using the silk moisuriser religiously and that has helped my bits  .. so i will carry on with that . Am being really careful with what i eat and drink . I really wasnt drinking enough water , and having far too much tea ! Xx

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2018, 12:31:22 PM »

Maybe get some pain relief down you as it's relaxing.  Keep drinking. 

Katejo

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2018, 03:18:30 PM »

GPs think that ADs are the best thing since ...... however. Over-use will cause the World real problems within 10 years apparently.  Bugs are getting resistant!  GPs don't realise how much VA can cause problems, they think that 'dry' is, well dry - not how dryness might affect the skin etc..

You may find that you maintain relief by using it daily anyway.  So speak to your GP B4 you need your next script ........
  surely you mean AB' s not AD's?
Pages: 1 [2] 3