Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Anyone watched anything good on tele lately  (Read 13251 times)

Lanzalover

Re: Anyone watched anything good on tele lately
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2018, 07:05:04 PM »

Just watched the last two episodes of Modus which is a series on BBC 4 which we had forgotten all about and found on sky plus amongst the many other things on there we will need a week to catch up on everything we have record  ;D .

Anyway really enjoyed it. The only problem is it was one of those Nordic productions with sub titles so you have to pay attention no reading or screen time while it's on.

Lanzalover x

Shadyglade

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2018, 07:22:06 PM »

I watched that when it was televised. Loved it. Really enjoy the Scandinavian series.

Lanzalover

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2018, 05:06:22 PM »

Yes we really enjoy them and let's face it theirs never anything on telly worth watching on a Saturday night.

Have you watched Salamander Blood we have it recorded as it started while we were away if so is it worth watching ? As I notice this is series 2 and we didn't watch the first one.

Thanks Lanzalover x
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 05:15:27 PM by Lanzalover »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2018, 10:24:18 PM »

Been watching an hour long programme on Monday nights about SOE training.  The last episode is on next week but Tuesday at 9.00 p.m.  I would never have been any good as a spy  :-\

Daisydot

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2018, 06:35:25 AM »

Bear griylls “the island” on channel four I like that.we had a mix of “posh” group and “common” group this time ,very interesting and in the end showed despite class barriers people need people.x

Robin

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2018, 06:42:15 AM »

We've recorded that to watch tonight. Think it might be the last one in the series

Daisydot

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2018, 07:02:20 AM »

It was really good I love the way all these women go gaga over bear gryls,especially the celebrities,he's ok but doesn't float my boat I just like the programme lol.( think my boats permently docked anyway 😂😂)

Robin

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2018, 07:12:19 AM »

I agree. They could do away with the little clips of him and his opinion throughout the programme for me. And it wouldn't make any difference if he was an absolute hunk because my boats docked too 😂. I always wonder why they don't get on with hunting for food and water sooner. Something I've noticed is that the animals seem to be 'discovered ' at the same point in the series each year. We still enjoy it even if that bit is fixed.

Daisydot

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2018, 07:56:55 AM »

That's the only part I can't live with,the killing of animals like that,saying to a petrified pig lie still while I kill you is so sick.the series where they made friends with the baby pigs as pets then ate them really repulsed me,if they hadn't domesticated them it would have been more acceptable but in my eyes still sadly wrong for the sake of a tv programme.
Your right they've watched the show often enough get sorting out yam and coconuts and fishing and water in that first few days,it's a fix 😂😂

Robin

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2018, 08:02:21 AM »

Me too. I can't watch or listen at that point.  They should plant a few more yams around the island for them

Shadyglade

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2018, 09:34:06 AM »

Thanks for the tip Lanzalover,

I have just set up recordings for Salamander from 'Catchup'.  I did catch the first series, which was very good.  Don't know how I managed to miss this one  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2018, 12:26:53 PM »

I think that many of these 'survival' programmes are contrived.  We breed pigs for food across Europe.  UK imports because we can't keep up [apparently].  I couldn't keep pigs to send to slaughter, they are too intelligent  ;D ........

However, had the pigs run 'wild', people would have complained about them being chased in order to become food; and pigs can move.  Fast  :D

Shadyglade

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2018, 01:25:06 PM »

4th series of the Bridge starts on BBC 2 on the 11th.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 01:49:47 PM by Shadyglade »

Lanzalover

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2018, 06:23:09 PM »

Really looking forward to that Shadyglade.

Lanzalover x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2018, 08:10:30 PM »

Watching last episode of bear grills (can't spell)

Then maybe a film of some sort.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9