Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Tinnitus  (Read 17512 times)

Wrensong

Re: Tinnitus
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2019, 01:33:14 PM »

Hi Maxwin.  So glad to know you went along to the appt & all was well.  Hope the therapy helps if you choose to take up the offer.  Agree, the NHS is amazing - staff are some of the kindest, most dedicated & selfless people you could wish to know.  We are so lucky to have it, but also true that it's sadly struggling more than ever these days due to lack of (human) resources.  As I'm looking at returning to work I check the vacancy websites every day.  The number of clinical vacancies in some of the major hospitals is shocking.  That these places keep running is a huge credit to those who continue to work there under such pressure.  I fear for it even more with the political uncertainties ahead.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2019, 01:39:49 PM »

My ears have been throbbing, not painful but like the blood is flowing close to the surface  :-\ as well as tinnitus around the whole head, about 2" away from my skull on the outside  :-\  :-\ it kept me awake in the early hours, knackered now  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2019, 10:27:41 AM »

:-\ ...............

Wrensong

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2019, 05:57:49 PM »

That sounds horrible CLKD.  Any better yet?

CLKD

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2019, 02:38:31 PM »

I think I need to use some olive oil and then get another rinse out, in the mean time I have ringing all around the outside of my head like a  :ange: ....... that's halo by the way  ::).  So annoying and kept me awake a few nights ago  >:(

Wrensong

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2019, 05:52:08 PM »

Night time is the worst for tinnitus.  A tinnitus masker might help though.  Oh, the olive oil treatment takes me back!  Remember how horrible it felt/sounded when poured in off the spoon.  A tiny bottle of it used to live on the shelf in our pantry - only used for ear probs, never for dressings or cooking!

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2019, 06:52:41 PM »

You must be my age then  ;D .......... warmed and dripped into the lug-hole, it made the ear blocked for ages after  :(

No noise right now .........

Wrensong

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2019, 06:42:20 AM »

From what I remember I'm a bit younger than you CKLD (mid-late 50s)!  I'd forgotten the oil was usually warmed first.  Gosh, 50 years on I can feel it all over again  :o.   Horrible!!

CLKD

« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2019, 06:50:51 AM »

Morning.   No noise this morning ........... at least I can't hear it  ::)

Wrensong

« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2019, 06:56:04 AM »

Yaaay!  Have a lovely day CLKD.

JaneinPen

« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2019, 07:33:22 PM »

Mine has been really loud this afternoon and evening. I do wonder if when I do my morning walk and it is windy (as it was today) whether it sets it off

linz57

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2019, 02:18:15 PM »

Hi Herdwick, yes, the wind will make your tinnitus louder. I was advised by a fellow sufferer to always carry foam earplugs with me when I'm out and about and so that's what I've done for a few years now.
At the first sign of more than a gentle breeze I pop one in ( left sided tinnitus only)
They also come in useful for blocking out any loud sounds that can also make my tinnitus crank up to full screaming pitch .

CLKD

« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2019, 02:35:52 PM »

No problems for a couple of days :-)

JaneinPen

« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2019, 08:05:25 AM »

Hi Herdwick, yes, the wind will make your tinnitus louder. I was advised by a fellow sufferer to always carry foam earplugs with me when I'm out and about and so that's what I've done for a few years now.
At the first sign of more than a gentle breeze I pop one in ( left sided tinnitus only)
They also come in useful for blocking out any loud sounds that can also make my tinnitus crank up to full screaming pitch .
Thanks Linz. I do always have cotton wool in my coat pockets to use during the winter and that works well but now it is warmer I don't have them and it has been windy lately so did make me wonder. I will make sure I have a supply for the warmer months now too  :)

Cazikins

« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2019, 04:43:23 PM »

I've got my E.N.T. check up this week at the hospital & since my op last year my tinnitus has got much worse, but to be fair they did say it probably would.
Most times I can ignore it & block it out. It's in noisy places I really have problems, I can pick up things from across the room but can't hear things being said in front of me or on the phone. It's so frustrating.
Hearing test followed by ear examination, then microsuction of the ears. Then discussion.
Happy days Cazi, happy days.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6