Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello : new to the site  (Read 1413 times)

Applebear

• First Flush
Hello : new to the site
« on: April 17, 2018, 05:13:40 AM »

Hello, I have been on HRT for almost a year now but having problems with skin sensitivity from patches and gel. The skin irritation keeps me awake at nights despite Piriton. I have tried Femseven, Evorel, Estraderm and now on Estradot alternating with Oestrogel as I am unable to wear a patch for more than a day without skin irritation.  I am feeling desperate as I don't know where to go from here. I had hoped the gel would be the answer, but clearly I am allergic to anything applied to the skin. Has anyone else experienced this and managed to find a form of HRT that doesn't irritate? An implant has been mentioned.  Thank you.

Dancinggirl

Re: Hello : new to the site
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 06:10:37 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM
Have you tried combined HRT pills ?
Though transdermal is often considered good it isn't tight for everyone. Perhaps try Femoston 1/10   DG x

Applebear

• First Flush
Re: Hello : new to the site
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 02:39:38 PM »

Thankyou Dancing girl and Stellajane.  :)I took some medical advice and shortly starting on tablets. I am already on blood pressure medication so have some concerns about increased risk of DVT, but am sure I'll be closely monitored. Thanks again for your support. x