Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Need a whinge.  (Read 1366 times)

suziq99

• GBX Marine
Need a whinge.
« on: April 13, 2018, 10:47:37 AM »

Husband 😑
He was put on blood pressure tablets a couple of  years ago, about a year later he started getting dizzy spells so saw the doc & got them decreased to half a tablet. Since then he's developed an on/off cough & neuralgia on his face ( can't shave to often) & noticeably more tired than normal.
He should have had a check up nearly 3 months ago now, buying the tablets off script as it's run out.
His excuse, has no time needs to get this & that finished, will make time in X number of weeks.( Self employed) I understand all that but his health is more important.
FFS he's from a medical background, he's not stupid. He knows I'm not happy about it but the excuses continue.  What do I do with him ?
Oh and he's also taking cosopt for ocular hypertension, also no checkups for years & off script.

Grrrrr

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Need a whinge.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 11:38:43 AM »

MEN  >:(  ::)

He's a Big Boy now.  Other than speaking to his GP and requesting that he be sent an invitation to a 'well man appt.', our Surgery does these regularly; as well as the NHS sending out health test invites, i.e. bowel screening, you can't do much other than explain quietly that his symptoms are of a great worry to you.  I always tell mine firmly that should he: in his case: not apply sun screen when he's fishing in the boat, I won't sit by his bed when he has skin cancer, I will be up and at it! 

The other tack might be to ask what would be the worst that any investigations could show?

ellie

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 12:25:47 PM »

I would.......Make him an appointment to see the doctor, and then tell him when it is. if he refuses to go, just completely ignore any complaints he makes to you about his health.   
 I have done this with my DH,  and when he said.....why have you done that I am not going....I just said, Fine don't go but don't complain about the pain to me any more.   Needless to say he kept the appointment.....

Snoooze

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 02:17:32 PM »

I have the same trouble with my husband. He is allergic to GP's! He had a bit of a health scare two years ago and got sent to GP by the NHS Walk In Centre and the GP commented on how he had last been at the Dr 10 years ago!! His health scare was fine but he had blood tests which showed high cholestorol but he was told to try and lose weight and come back in 6 months for another test...has he been back? Nope! He has a strong family history of heart attacks etc but he will not listen when I tell him to go. I've offered to make him an appt but he says no. If i made him one, he would just not attend it.

I have given up. He'll probably end up like most of the men in his family having heart attacks in their 40's and 50's. Unfortunately, they didn't survive the heart attacks but no matter how much I try to scare him with facts and figures, it just goes in one ear and out the other.

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 03:07:34 PM »

Thanks Girls,
It's just so frustrating.
I think I'm with you snoooze, I'm going to say, I'm not going to mention it any more  your old enough to look after yourself.
If I make him an appointment it's just going to lead to an argument, something we rarely do & it's always explosive.
CLKD don't even go there with the sun screen, he works outside on/near the water all the time never ever covers up unless it's cold.
Shall we say he has a darn good tan most of the year.

Big girls pants time & leave him to it.
One thing less to worry about, I've got enough trying to sort me out 😂 & our dogs, one is healing her age.

😘