Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Cruise  (Read 10536 times)

Two hoots

Re: Cruise
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2019, 01:27:02 PM »

I forget the speakers name but he was American and had a lovely manner when speaking, I went to three of his talks, the Romanovs, Peter and Catherine the Great and Rasputin.  It's not a history I know much about but seeing the grave of the Romanov family I knew enough to feel moved about their final hours.

Sky tv have made a mini series on Catherine the Great starring Helen Mirren, it's going to be on in the autumn  :)

I take a kindle on board with me but I've yet to open it  :) I don't know where the time goes on sea days but it's not reading  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2019, 02:02:47 PM »

I love that you enjoyed yourself  :medal: ......... could you feel the sea or hear the engines  :o

Two hoots

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2019, 02:31:37 PM »

The sea was totally flat for two weeks and we only saw clouds on Saturday off the coast of England  ???

The only time we hear anything from the ship is when they move sideways and the sea is churned up, our cabin was on the sixth floor  :)

You can do a behind the scenes tour of the ship, the kitchens, bridge, printers and laundry, it's supposed to be very interesting and one day I will do it, when I find the time  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2019, 02:57:06 PM »

6th floor  :o ............... out of how many floors: does one abseil in times of trouble  :o  :o - I wouldn't look out from that high up, I 'd be sitting in the middle of the room with a bag over my head  :P  :D

Katejo

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2019, 02:57:57 PM »

I forget the speakers name but he was American and had a lovely manner when speaking, I went to three of his talks, the Romanovs, Peter and Catherine the Great and Rasputin.  It's not a history I know much about but seeing the grave of the Romanov family I knew enough to feel moved about their final hours.

Sky tv have made a mini series on Catherine the Great starring Helen Mirren, it's going to be on in the autumn  :)

I take a kindle on board with me but I've yet to open it  :) I don't know where the time goes on sea days but it's not reading  ;D
Do you get any solo travellers on your cruise trips? I have never done a cruise except a small group one on the Nile when there weren't more than about 12-14 in the group. I am just curious.

Two hoots

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2019, 03:08:42 PM »

I know P and O have a solo passenger get together for coffee and I know someone who made a friend on board so they went in excursions together.  I also know they like to put solo travellers on dining tables together, but you don't have to share.

The biggest negative of solo travel is the cost, you don't pay much less than two people sharing  :(

CLKD - there is no deck 13 so the Buffett was on deck 14  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

jaypo

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2019, 03:23:16 PM »

Which ships have you been on TH?we've done oceana,Ventura and azura not done the smaller ships,I'd advise ANYONE to steer clear of the larger ones,if you don't want those idiots who just go to eat and drink,I dread to think what the staff onboard think of brits who behave like this.
It's the best way,in my humble opinion to see beautiful places you wouldn't normally,Norway for instance is fab as is Iceland

Katejo

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2019, 03:46:34 PM »

I know P and O have a solo passenger get together for coffee and I know someone who made a friend on board so they went in excursions together.  I also know they like to put solo travellers on dining tables together, but you don't have to share.

The biggest negative of solo travel is the cost, you don't pay much less than two people sharing  :(

CLKD - there is no deck 13 so the Buffett was on deck 14  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
yes I know about the cost of going solo. One of the reasons why i don't do it.

Two hoots

« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2019, 04:05:16 PM »

Which ships have you been on TH?we've done oceana,Ventura and azura not done the smaller ships,I'd advise ANYONE to steer clear of the larger ones,if you don't want those idiots who just go to eat and drink,I dread to think what the staff onboard think of brits who behave like this.
It's the best way,in my humble opinion to see beautiful places you wouldn't normally,Norway for instance is fab as is Iceland

Only bigger ships, Azura, Ventura and Britannia with P and O. Eclipse and Silhouette with Celebrity. Grand Princess. Ovation, Independence and Navigator with Royal Carribean.

It's a great way of seeing places, never thought I'd go to Russia  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2019, 10:11:53 PM »

Apparently a lot of the Artic Circle is on fire including Iceland  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2019, 09:42:14 PM »

R there any non-events cruises?  Non- C.mas?  No New Year celebrations?  I looked up cruises for Jews and Passover is on offer  :-\.  Fort Lauderdale.  So that means flying there and back.  I want peace and quiet.  Not joining in but looking at scenery.  Jane was on a tender to get to the Croatian coast, that would be a no-no ......... if I couldn't get from liner to shore by stepping off I couldn't go.   :-\

Oh well, don't have a Passport anyway  ;D

jaypo

« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2019, 09:02:09 AM »

Xmas on board can be taken or left clkd,yes,they put up decorations etc but you don't have to join in in the festivities,we don't,we love watching the fireworks in Madeira on Hogmanay but that's it,we're lucky enough to be in a suite at the back of the ship,so we eat in our room some nights and that's what you can do if you don't want the whole Xmas thing or go to a speciality restaurant and not the main dining room where all the Xmas crackers etc are going on,that's the great thing about cruising,you can do whatever you like  :)

CLKD

« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2019, 09:24:02 AM »

:thankyou:

Perinowpost

« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2019, 10:44:23 AM »

I love a cruise and plan to go on many more when I'm older. So far been on the Emerald Princess and Fred Olsen Black Prince (small ship now decommissioned). Both fantastic x
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]