Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Femoston 2/10  (Read 5421 times)

Tiddles

Re: Femoston 2/10
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 02:56:22 PM »

I must admit I am a bit anxious because the Elleste got rid of the hot flushes, night sweats and anxiety completely and I really don't want any of those back which is why your post gave me hope :-) But its the 5 day headaches, nausea and vomitting on the progesterone part, none of which I experienced pre-HRT that have sent me down this road.  It's seems it's all such a balancing act and a dilemma! :o :o :o

sadielouise78

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 12:29:36 PM »

Yes I was.  I waited until the end of the patches before going on to Femoston.  It was the same when I went from Elleste Duet to patches.  I think if you didn't it would bugger up your cycle.

Tiddles

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2018, 06:44:32 AM »

Morning Sarah.  I was just wondering how it's going for you on Femoston?  I am on day 4 and just experiencing a very mild flush - I didn't have any for the 3 months I was on Elleste. How's it been for you? x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2018, 09:29:17 AM »

Tiddles - it's way too early to tell whether Femoston will be good for you or not. If you are on the oestrogen bit, it's the same dose and type of oestrogen so there shouldn't be any difference between the Elleste and Femoston at this stage - it's when you get to the progesterone phase that things might be better with the Femoston. DG x

Tiddles

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2018, 09:48:16 AM »

Thanks DG.  You're right of course :-) x

HotFlush

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2018, 09:17:49 PM »

Hi Tiddles,

I came off Elleste because of the horrendous mood swings in the progesterone part, even though it had totally rid me of the hot flushes.

I'm on Femostan now and my mood is much better, though I do now get mild flushes -not too often and not too 'hot' so I can live with it.

X

Tiddles

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2018, 06:34:49 AM »

Thanks HotFlush ! That does sound like progress - long may it continue for you. So far so good for me too ! :-) x

Tiddles

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2018, 05:55:03 AM »

5 months on HRT and first month on Femoston update.
Hot flushes, night sweats, night time anxiety, nightmares, daytime anxiety, depression all dramatically better.
Nausea is much less now that I'm on Femoston - thanks for the advice to switch DancingGirl.  PMT is like it was pre-meno and periods are manageable.
Weight gain is still an issue.  It seems I have to now be extremely careful with what I eat (and drink) all the time which is boring. Going to try and get out for a 40 minute brisk walk as often as poss to try and give it a boost.
Overall though, HRT is working very well and this forum is also good therapy  :-)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2018, 06:44:09 AM »

That's great Tiddles. Controlling the weight is a problem for many women once meno hits and I found HRT did make me retain a bit of fluid so I was very slightly ‘plumped up'.
However, as hrt can make one feel better generally then there can be energy for more exercise. Cut out as much sugar as possible and eat smaller portions. Hope the improvements continue. DG x

sadielouise78

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2018, 07:55:41 AM »

That's great Tiddles!  I'm half way through my second pack now and all is good with me too.  I haven't had any bleeding at all since it stopped just before I started the first pack.  I'm hoping it's gone away again for good but I'm also wondering if it's just my body giving me a break after bleeding continuously for a few months.  I'm finding I have sore boobs quite a bit and I am possibly gaining weight but that could be me eating like a pig.  I'm much happier on these though so all is good x

Tiddles

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 04:39:38 PM »

That's great news Sadielouise :-) :-) :-) xx
Pages: 1 [2]