Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Gastritis?  (Read 26610 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Gastritis?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2018, 11:37:04 AM »

Jeepers - that all sounds so positive. It won't matter missing the Vagifem for one night and you will probably be moving to 2 times a week soon anyway. The Replens should be used at the same time as the Vagifem or it may effect absorption of the Vagifem - use the Replens before bed on a night when you don't use Vagifem.
You are being so proactive - keep going and keep us posted. DG x

Jeepers

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2018, 03:39:00 PM »

Hi

Thanks for the replies :-)

Okay, thanks for the info Dancinggirl, I'll do the replens when I drop down to twice weekly.

What do people generally do when they run out of Vagifem?  Do I have to go back to the doctors? Or could I get a repeat prescription set up via a nurse?  I've never done a repeat prescription before

I am still feeling much better on the gastritis, almost back to normal.  The only thing I have at the moment is cracks at the corners of my mouth.  Do you think this could be caused by the Omeprazole not allowing enough vitamins and minerals to be absorbed over the last few weeks?  If so, maybe I should take a multi vit for a while?  Has anyone else had this experience?  I

Thank you all so much

Jeepers xxx

Joaniepat

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2018, 04:40:24 PM »

Jeepers,  you would need to get your GP to authorize the repeat prescription. Perhaps this could be done with a telephone appointment to save you having to turn up in person.

Cracks at the corners of the mouth might be due to deficiency in B vitamins or iron. I couldn't say if Omeprazole would have affected absorption but wouldn't be at all surprised. It would be best to buy separate B complex and iron supplements rather than a multivitamin, as the latter are not so effective. If you can eat something that contains vitamin C when you take the iron, this will help absorption.

JP x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2018, 08:47:44 AM »

Jeepers - cracks at the corners of the mouth could be vitamin B and D deficiency but some Omega 3 might also help.
DG x

weathergirl

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2018, 04:27:07 PM »

I wanted to mention that cracks in the corner of the mouth are hallmark signs of Candida.  I had this happen years ago after a round of strong antibiotics which killed off all the good bacteria in the gut and allowed the candida to thrive.  It is a well known manifestation of Candida.  Best thing is to add probiotics, have NO alcohol and limit any sugar, which is like throwing fire onto the candida situation.  Mine cleared up in a few weeks but it was very troublesome.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2018, 04:34:48 PM »

Cracks in the edges of my mouth is usually because I dribble at night  ;D ...........  maybe apply Vaseline, a good lip balm or Savlon regularly.  I have never had cracks when I suffered vaginal thrush  ::) fortunately.

Thrush thrives on natural sugars.   It 'lives' in the back passage so can get passed forwards by bad toileting hygiene. 

weathergirl

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2018, 06:44:33 PM »

The vaginal presentation seems different than when candida is running throughout the body.  I've known a number of people who got oral thrush from antibiotic use but it did not give them vaginal thrush. So who knows?   I think it must all depend on how balanced those systems are to start with!   Salves and other moisturizing remedies are good ideas!

Jeepers

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2018, 05:48:06 PM »

Hi,

sorry for the delay in replying, I have been away for  a week.

Thank you all for your replies.  The cracks in my mouth seem to be better, I am using Vaseline, especially at night.

My stomach still doesn't feel quite right.  Sometimes its tender,either in the centre or under ribs on the right sometimes is vaguely burning.  Sometimes its okay, probably when I only eat small amounts.  I sometimes also feel a little bit nauseous.  I'm not sure if it is normal to still get digestive symptoms this long after gastritis?
Of course , my mind being what it is, I am still worrying about stomach cancer :-(
 Jeepers xxx

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2018, 06:19:37 PM »

My friend had salmonella poisoning from ice-cream in Italy many years ago: it took 2 years B4 she could eat anywhere near a 'normal' diet and 4 B4 she felt well.  Bland food little and often kept her alive.

Did the Vaseline help the lips?  Use it even when you don't have symptoms.  I'm dribbling as I type  >:(  ::) [did U go somewhere nice?].

Check what you eat too, spicy foods can aggravate any soreness in the digestive tract.  I find chewing 2 Rennies eases symptoms.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2018, 06:46:23 PM »

Jeepers - you would probably be diagnosed with IBS now, as your symptoms do sound very typical for this ‘vague' diagnosis. To be honest, I have found that I just have to eat small amounts these days and to keep the problems at bay - I think as we age our digestive system does get far more sensitive. DG x

Jeepers

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2018, 11:29:47 AM »

Hi

Thanks for the replies --

CKLD, your poor friend, that must hae been awful.  But at the same time, I feel reassured.  I can live with it, as long as I know that its nothing sinister.  I am trying not to drink any hot drinks today, as I think it does make the symptoms worse.  Am eating a bland diet as much as I can.  Avocado and egg on toast for brekkie, I will have porridge for lunch with banana, not sure about dinner as I am going out. 

Yes, the Vaseline definitely helped, I made sure I put it on overnight too.

Dancinggirl -- do you really think so?  I don't know much about IBS, but I thought that was then large intestine, and all of my pains etc definitely come from above the naval, exactly where the stomach is. Does IBS cover the whole gastro-intestninal system?

Jeepers xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2018, 12:50:48 PM »

IBS can effect the whole digestive system and is a general term that doctors give when they can't find anything else wrong.  It's usually linked with food sensitivity and there is the FODMAP diet sheet that is handed out but I found this unhelpful as so many of the things on it aggravated my heartburn and reflux and the things it says to avoid I'm fine with!!!
You might like to try taking digestive enzymes and some probiotics to aid digestion? I find eating small meals often is the only way to keep things calm. DG x

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2018, 01:45:23 PM »

I don't know where my stomach is, it never seems to feel 'sick' where the diagram says it ought to be  :-\.

My IBS was due to the spasm almost stopping.  Due to anorexic-type symptoms from age 3.  I felt hungry but there wasn't any room in the digestive tract to take any more ....... fortunately the GP had a trick up his sleeve and saved my Life.

I couldn't face an egg at any time: unless it's in  :cupcake:  ;D

Jeepers

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2018, 06:48:12 PM »

Hi all

Things did get better for a while.  The last week or so, I was completely symptom free!  I have even managed to progress with one of my "dates" and things are going super well in that department.

The Vagifem is working like a dream, absolutely no bladder problems, all comfy "down there"!

So I made an appointment for the doctor to get set up on a repeat prescription, and that appointment was this morning.  I have been really happy and relaxed, not anxious about anything at all.  I have even started back to the gym in earnest. 

So, this morning I woke up, and stomach pains are back!! Not really severe, but defnitely there about where my ribs part in the middle.  So, when the doctor asked me, I had totell him.  Now he has arranged for me to have an endoscopy, and I am freaking out.  A couple of tjhings he said "As you have never had gastritis before" like it is a bad omen, and "given your age!" (56).  Now it feels like I have been handed a stomach cancer diagnosis :-(

Its like fate is having a cruel joke... I meet a lovely man and now I have no future  :'(

I spent a lot of time this afternoon trying comfort myself with logic and statistics (its a big part of my job, and how my mind works:

1 in 154 women will be diagnosed with SC, so thats .65% by my reckoning, so over a 99% chance I dont have it?
65% of diagnosis are over the age of 65
I don't have any of the known risk factors (overweight, smoker, h.pylori etc, etc)..
I haven't lost weight, my bowels are the same as ever...

I also tried to convince myself that it might be because I used some of the milk that I had left out in the sun  all day, or the mozzarella that tasted slightly "off" because the bag had split..   

I have no idea how long I will have to wait for the appointment, I didn't ask.  I just remember him saying "we can make a case for you to have and endoscopy"

Yesterday, I was as giddy as a schoolgirl, now I'm back to square one.  How am I going to cope?? 

Jeepers xx

Snoooze

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2018, 07:42:01 PM »

Try not to worry x

Type endoscopy into the search engine on here and you will see a lot of ladies have had one. Read up as you are not alway referred because they are thinking of SC. Often it is for diagnosis of a stomach ulcer. My mother in law had an endoscopy to diagnose her ulcer after suffering pain under her left breast. She's fine now.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5