Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Polyp  (Read 2400 times)

clio

Polyp
« on: July 22, 2018, 04:47:51 PM »

During a recent smear test, the nurse told me I had a polyp on my cervix and to make an apt with the doc. Has anyone had one of these?

Dotty

Re: Polyp
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 04:53:42 PM »

Hi yes I had one. Had it removed by my GP. It was painless and I had no problems afterwards.

clio

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 06:31:18 PM »

Hi Dotty, I asked nurse to take it off whilst she was up there but she wouldn't. I hope my doc will remove it as don't fancy trip to hospital.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 06:38:21 PM »

Hi there was a GP at my surgery who was trained in removal of polyps . It was an easy procedure for me. Only took a few minutes.

marge

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 06:44:56 AM »

Ditto Clio!  I'm currently awaiting a referral for the removal of two polyps also discovered during a routine smear test.  I've had them before (albeit years ago) and the procedure is very straightforward.

clio

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 03:34:15 PM »

Hi Marge, I'm not to worried about it .......I don't think! Still want to get rid of it.

Clio

Annika

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 12:28:06 AM »

yes I had one too only it was when I was pregnant and they couldn't remove it due to bleeding until after the delivery. When I did go in at my six week check up it had disappeared so all good. They seem to be annoying but very common.

clio

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 06:27:52 AM »

Just an update, I saw my GP yesterday who had a look at it, she said they don't usually remove them unless I want it removed or it started bleeding or coursed me problems. It didn't cause me problems as I wasn't aware I had it. She said it was poking through my cervix otherwise we would be none the wiser it being there. She knows me so well and said if it's going to cause me sleepless nights let her know and she will refer me. I said if she thinks it's ok to leave it I would leave it but I did say to her that was because I'm scared to have it removed. If the nurse or doc could do it I would of had it done but not going to the hospital as I'm such a coward.

Clio