Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: got a UTI brewing despite using vagifem, any advice  (Read 31349 times)

Zara69

Re: got a UTI brewing despite using vagifem, any advice
« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2018, 05:23:16 PM »

Hi Drummer girl
I don't post often but read quite a bit on here...I saw your post and had to answer.  I have been on full HRT since May 2017 and vagifem since Aug 2017 using 3 a week also use and been using bicarb, sylk, yes, d mannose- the lot same as you...I am 90% better but really only just recently so in my experience it has taken over a year to feel somewhat normal but I still have some burning uncomfortable days ...keep using it all xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2018, 06:56:57 PM »

Also this product isn't strong enough for some to get relief so maybe use it nightly for a week and see how you feel.  You may require alternate nights or every night ...........

Lulu12

« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2018, 11:10:57 PM »

Hi Drummer girl
Have you tried high strength cranberry tablets?
I suffered from recurrent UTI's for about 4 years and tried everything. I read about cranberry tablets and asked my doctor what he thought about them. He advised me that clinical literature on Cranberry juice is mixed, but most placebo controlled trials showing no benefit. However he said it was worth a try.
All I can say is that was over 7 years ago and I haven't had a single UTI since, so they work for me.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2018, 06:59:03 AM »

Unfortunately if the UTI symptoms are atrophy related then cranberry or any fruit juices will make the burning worse as they are very acidic due to the high sugar.
Avoid anything with caffiene or even tannin as well. Water is the best to drink but some find adding half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda or a squirt of fresh lemon juice can neutralise the urine and relieve burning. I think the key is to not to let the urine become too strong and keep flushing out the bladder so infection can't take hold. DG x

Shadyglade

« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2018, 07:14:12 AM »

I asked my doc once, about sugar and the urine connection, and he laughed. I sometimes pass sugar in my wee as I have a low renal threshold.  He was adamant that there was no connection with that and UTIs.  This was when I was very ill with a kidney infection and was looking for an explanation.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2018, 08:02:09 AM »

Thank you Shadyglade - I'm not sure where I got the connection between sugar and more acidity in the urine - all I know is if I do have high sugar drinks, like fruit juices, my urine burns like crazy. I can drink greatly diluted cordials though.

DG x

Shadyglade

« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2018, 08:14:36 AM »

I won't be surprised if it caused Inflammation, but that is different to infection. Sugar is a bit of a bugger, but soo nice.  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2018, 09:40:44 AM »

Thrush thrives on sugars.  However the body needs fats, oils, sugars, carbohydrates, meat, veg. in order to function. 

Thrush has classic symptoms.  Itchyiness high up in the vagina and if left untreated, a creamy discharge that smells fishy. 

Cranberry juice has no obvious benefits other than to the company that makes it  ;)

Lulu12

« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2018, 12:34:34 PM »

Dancing girl, my previous post was about cranberry tablets, not juice, hence no worry about sugar content. Anyway, it was just a thought, as they work for me 😃

Also, CLKD, I'm sure that a fishy smelling discharge is related to BV, not thrush.

CLKD

« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2018, 12:49:52 PM »

Might be but when I had thrush there was an odour  ;)

jaypo

« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2018, 09:41:36 AM »

Wouldn't take the antibiotics unless you have a full course.If it's any help, I take a cranberry & probiotic all in one capsule daily & a full glass of cranberry juice,I've not had a uti since........... probably shouldn't have said that  :-\
Hope you feel better soon

CLKD

« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2018, 01:54:11 PM »

Any info is shared jaypo - ladies can then make up their own minds wether the idea is appropriate at this particular time  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]