Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Miserable again!  (Read 2025 times)

Lizab

Miserable again!
« on: March 29, 2018, 03:45:42 PM »

After a long spell of feeling very well, I'm falling back again. I'm exhausted and breathless and now fed up and weepy. There are a few things playing up to this. My family has had stomach flu this week, so I may be catching or fighting that, and that would certainly drain my energy. With that, I haven't had any moments to myself in several days, except for sleeping. I think it's also hormonal. I had been feeling very good, almost no anxiety and good energy, when I had to go for a scan for my unexpected bleeding. The doctor said I had one clearly postmenopausal ovary but the other was showing signs of ovulation. That must have been why I was feeling normal! I then had to take Norethindrone for 14 days, which I was afraid of the effects, but to my surprise I felt really good on it. I've been off of it for a week, finished up the withdrawal bleed, and now I'm crashing. Being week 2 of this induced cycle, would it be climbing estrogen against low progesterone that's making me feel so bad? I believe the gynecologist is going to want me to start hrt again once my lining is thinned, so I'm trying to get an idea of what is going on hormonally before I jump into that again. I suppose I'll know better once I start another cycle of progestin next week. I just needed to vent and beg for answers to this misery!