Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Tridestra v Elleste Duet 2ng  (Read 1693 times)

allymorris

• First Flush
Tridestra v Elleste Duet 2ng
« on: March 21, 2018, 10:13:00 PM »

Hello ladies. This is my first post but I've lurked on here for ages and found it so useful.
I've seen my GP today and have been given Elleste Duet 2mg as I've taken Tridestra for the last 6 months and just cannot bear the horrendous heavy periods any longer.
On Tridestra I got my period after the first 3 month period and the PMT and flooding hit me like a train !
Nevertheless I persevered with the next 3 month cycle but bizarrely got a full blown period on day 44 and then another awful one at the end of the blue tablets (day 77) which is still going on. I've lost so much blood I feel weak !
So I asked for the Mirena instead and an oestrogen gel, but there's a 2 month waiting list for Mirenas in my area  :'(
The Dr suggested Elleste Duet whilst I wait for a Mirena. I know I'll get monthly bleeds on this type of HRT but can anyone reassure me that the bleeds won't be as heavy, painful and dragged out as they are on Tridestra ?
I'm getting married in 8 weeks time and so worried I'll get my period on my wedding day  :-\
Thanks for any comments or advice
Ps I'm 52 and last year had one “natural” period in Feb before starting HRT in October. My GP (different one to today) suggested I was towards the end of peri-menopause

Elmsey

Re: Tridestra v Elleste Duet 2ng
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 02:13:49 PM »

On Elleste Duet 1mg I had light bleeds for 2/3 days.  I am sure we are all different, but I am a similar stage in my Menopause journey to you

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 02:35:34 PM »

Hi allymorris

The Mirena with Oestrogel or oestrogen patches, will probably be your ideal option if you want a non bleed HRT regime. There will be some bleeding and spotting in the first few weeks or even months after fitting but this is usually light.   However, Elleste will be a good option for you at this stage to help calm everything down. My only concern is you don't want your bleed to happen for your wedding - quite understandable - well, you need to sync this HRT to ensure your bleed doesn't happen at the wrong time.  I would suggest you stop all HRT for the next 2 weeks and then start fresh with the Elleste as this will mean you will do the 28 days of the first packet, a bleed should arrive a day or two after you have started the second packet and hopefully then your wedding will be a week or so after that?

Tridestra really wasn't ideal for you in peri meno - it's usually for post meno women - the long stretches with oestrogen only will result in heavy and erratic bleeding be cause the womb lining will have built up too much - it was the wrong thing to prescribe for you!!!! 

Do get the Mirena as soon as you can but in the mean time you may find the Elleste works well for you and if it does then you could stick with this for a while.   DG x

allymorris

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 05:27:41 AM »

Thank you so much Dancinggirl  :)
I will try your suggestion x

Ginastaunton

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 08:55:04 AM »

Hello
Just come across this post in my search for reviews of Tridestra. I am 50 and have tried 2 types of HRT in last 12 months. First One I can’t remember a continuous one elleste? That just made me bleed after going 3 years without a period. Then I tried femeston which wasn’t as bad bleeding wise but made me so low and an absolute nark. Gp thinks it’s the progesterone that I can’t tolerate so has given me tridestra to try. I haven’t started yet but was hoping to see some good reviews here??

Anyone? I’m looking for a miracle I know but really am getting fed up now
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:01:52 AM by Ginagee »

Ginastaunton

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 09:29:49 AM »

Thanks, I am going to start in a weeks time and I will keep the forum updated