Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Love oestrogel ! Hate utrogestan !  (Read 4133 times)

Nellie Noo

Love oestrogel ! Hate utrogestan !
« on: March 20, 2018, 02:52:41 PM »

After two months on gel and utrogestan .. am sadly going back to patches ! Found the gel amazing ! Felt really good, but the utrogestan.. thats another story !! I tried it orally for the first month .. bad reflux , sore throat , bad cough and upset tum ! So this month i tried vaginally .. oh my ! My bladder has gone into overdrive, i feel like all the good that i have achieved with vagifem has been undone ! Im sore and feel the constant need to wee. My bladder aches so much !   So its back to patches for me ! Am so disappointed as my gp actually suggested this regime willingly and i didnt have a battle to get the gel. But i cant cope with the side effects ! X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Love oestrogel ! Hate utrogestan !
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 03:59:22 PM »

It's the Trial and Error that can be SO tiring  >:(

Lanzalover

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 04:03:01 PM »

Hi Nellie Noo

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with Utrogestan I also had problems with it both orally and vaginaly but like you really liked the gel so I switched to Provera and for me it is great so it may be something you might like to consider.

Lanzalover

Nellie Noo

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 05:38:14 PM »

Thank goodness for this site ... thank you ladies . Yes CLKD .. so tiring !
And thank you Lanzalover ... I've never heard of provera .. and as i love the gel this has given me another option ! Thank you x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 05:47:14 PM »

I hated the Utrogeston too, only tolerated it for five days, I opted for a Mirena instead.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 06:00:45 PM »

Thank you Tinkerbell. I was offered this by my gp a few years ago for heavy bleeding. I didnt take her up on it,  I sometimes wish I had now. X

Mary G

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 07:49:46 PM »

Nellie Noo, as others have said, you don't have to go back to patches because the Utrogestan hasn't worked out, there are other types of progesterone you can use with the gel. 

Nellie Noo

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 08:49:20 PM »

Are there any more  other than this provera tablet , mirena or utrogestan ? Tia x

Lanzalover

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 05:21:22 AM »

Hi Nellie Noo

If you look under the green banner at the top of the page and go into treatments it brings up all the various options. I have had a quick look and can only see the three you have mentioned.
It might be worth checking which progesterone the patch you were using contained and ask your GP if it is possible to be prescribed this separately I have no idea if you can or cann't but if you don't ask you don't get  ;D .

Good luck let do us know how you get on.

Lanzalover x

Nellie Noo

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 07:57:55 AM »

I will ! Thank you x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 08:08:02 AM »

Nellie moo
I didn't get on with Utro either.
Can I suggest you keep to the Oestrogel and first try Provera as many women find Provera better to tolerate and if this gives too many side effects perhaps then try the Mirena. I found the Mirena the least problematic Progesterone delivery and I didn't get any bleeding after the first few weeks which was great. Many women find progesterone problematic so it's about the one that gives the least side effects. I wouldn't go back to combined patches if I were you. DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 08:08:49 PM »

Nellie Noo - to add to what Lanzalover said - the combi patches contain either norethisterone (Evorel sequi/conti) or levonorgestrel (Femseven sequi/conti). Norethisterone is not licensed to be used separately for HRT although many docs prescribe it for heavy bleeding or to thin the endometrium when it has overthickened and it is easy to work out the dosage from the combi tablets which contain it - a doctor should have no problem prescribing a suitable dose based on this. Levonorgestrel is the progestogen found in the Mirena so this would be ideal if you were happy on Femseven.

Hurdity x

Nellie Noo

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 08:24:08 PM »

Sorry hurdity .. excuse my ignorance but do you mean I still could use the gel and get my gp to prescribe levonorgestrel  as a tablet ?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 10:29:33 PM »

You would get Levonorgestrel from the Mirena or Femseven combined patches.  You should be able to get Norethisterone in pill form separately but Provera as pills may be a good alternate to Utrogestan for you. 

Here is the link for the progesterone options on this site: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/to_progestogens.php

DG x

Nellie Noo

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 07:58:26 AM »

Thank you ! X
Pages: [1] 2