Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: QE II Hospital, King's Lynn - falling down  (Read 2769 times)

Pennyfarthing

Re: QE II Hospital - falling down
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2022, 03:08:49 PM »

Not sure why this is being brought up on here especially as most people won’t even know where you are talking about.

The QE hospital is at King’s Lynn in Norfolk and my Late Mum spent 3 weeks in there  and even though there were props in there then, the care she got was wonderful.  The staff were so kind, the food was really good, the hospital was very clean, parking was good and it was just a really positive experience.

A new hospital is on the cards for King’s Lynn as it is now older than the 30 years it was expected to last.

There are a few QE hospitals aren't there?

There are indeed but I think it’s the only one with props! also CLKD lives in the next county I believe.

Pennyfarthing

Re: QE II Hospital, King's Lynn - falling down
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2022, 03:26:37 PM »

I see you have amended the title thread CLKD.  👍

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2022, 05:32:02 PM »

I don't live in the next County but have long-term connections to the Hospital  ;)

Minusminnie

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2022, 06:08:19 AM »

What i find more 'sad' if that is the right word is that ive noticed that younger members in general on this forum do not start threads in 'This n That'.

Many are started by older members or those who have long gone black.

Maybe it a reflection of the times we live in or a feeling of being swamped out ? 

Maybe i will have to start a new thread on the subject !!  :D

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2022, 05:30:44 PM »

What i find more 'sad' if that is the right word is that ive noticed that younger members in general on this forum do not start threads in 'This n That'.

Maybe it a reflection of the times we live in or a feeling of being swamped out ? 

Minnie - what does “those who have long gone black” mean? 

Minusminnie

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2022, 05:44:03 PM »

Probably not worded well.  Members who have left the forum and whose names are now written in black.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2022, 05:57:14 PM »

'this and that' is obviously topics about non-medical issues that aren't related to peri-or menopause.

New Members often become lost in the 'new members' room  :-\.  Having trawled back during the years, many have asked question which have never been answered.  Others choose their 'room' to ask their questions.

Many of the threads in 'here' go back years++

Minusminnie

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2022, 07:24:55 PM »

'this and that' is obviously topics about non-medical issues that aren't related to peri-or menopause.

New Members often become lost in the 'new members' room  :-\.  Having trawled back during the years, many have asked question which have never been answered.  Others choose their 'room' to ask their questions.

In other words dated and doesn't appeal to the younger members.  Maybe time for a 'this n that' rethink ?

Songbird

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2022, 07:42:48 PM »

In other words dated and doesn't appeal to the younger members.  Maybe time for a 'this n that' rethink ?

Goodness. Dated?! Rethink? Why?  :o
Nothing to stop someone (young or older) from adding a subject of their choice to "this n that".
Think of it as the "miscellaneous section". Some of us enjoy contributing to many of the threads there  ::)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 09:21:08 PM by Songbird »

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2022, 07:44:04 PM »

Why  :-\ it suits those of us who regularly read and respond .

My greeting is 'welcome' followed by the very positive 'browse round, make notes'.  The members can then read the threads that appeal.

After all Minusminnie - you've taken part in "this and that" a lot since 2021  ::)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 07:45:45 PM by CLKD »

getting_old

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2022, 09:27:36 PM »

I actually look at this in a different way as many of the threads are still active with a lot of recent activity. To me that means these subjects are still relevant and their evolution over time adds interesting history. If something that I'm interested in isn't being discussed then I'd create a new thread but if there's already a thread about it then I'd add to that thread.

Minusminnie

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2022, 03:41:22 AM »

After all Minusminnie - you've taken part in "this and that" a lot since 2021  ::)

Yes i returned again to MM when Padine (an older member) started the Book Title thread and i have added since.  I'm not a younger member.

Goodness. Dated?! Rethink? Why?  :o
Nothing to stop someone (young or older) from adding a subject of their choice to "this n that".
Think of it as the "miscellaneous section". Some of us enjoy contributing to many of the threads there  ::)

I know it is just that i have noticed the absence of younger members.  Just an observation really.

I actually look at this in a different way as many of the threads are still active with a lot of recent activity. To me that means these subjects are still relevant and their evolution over time adds interesting history. If something that I'm interested in isn't being discussed then I'd create a new thread but if there's already a thread about it then I'd add to that thread.

Maybe the popular threads with members names in black could each become a sticky. That might make the 'this n that' section look more appealing for starters.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2022, 08:20:01 AM »

People can browse ;-)
Pages: 1 [2]