Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Polycistric overies PCOS  (Read 1789 times)

zodiac

Polycistric overies PCOS
« on: March 14, 2018, 06:05:47 PM »

Hi does anyone know anything About PCOS POlycistric overie sindrome, its not me thats got it but my stepdaughter, , she went in hospital ended up having scans n mri scan also ended up with apendix out but the scan showed up this PCOS, it explains alot to why her periods are erratic but just wonderd if anyone knew or experianced this , thanks x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Polycistric overies PCOS
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 07:08:23 PM »

Has your step-daughter been referred to the appropriate Consultant for advice?

If you put Polycystic Ovaries into the search box, see what pops up?

Snoooze

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 05:29:56 PM »

Hi,
PCOS can cause infertility unfortunately. It can also make you gain weight around your middle and put you at risk of  type 2 diabetes. It's best to follow a low GI diet to help the symptoms which can vary in each individual but is normally irregular periods, facial hair, weight gain, infertility.
You can read more on here:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos/symptoms/

Annika

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 09:52:14 PM »

Hi Zodiac.. Yes my young daughter has PCOS, she has to see an endocrine doctor every few months. Some girls tend to have a mild case and some have it quite badly. She is on a diabetes medicine called Metaformin and another I forget the name, also birth control pill as this helps with the excessive hair which my daughter suffers from quite badly.  It can be a blow to self esteem especially when she developed acne at the age of 9 ..I took her to a skin doctor and spent quite a bit for medicine that cleared it up then the hair became a problem on her chest,tummy,etc.,.  She belongs to a website called Soulcysters that might give you more info.

zodiac

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 12:57:10 PM »

Hi thanks everyone, we are waiting to see now as shes been dicharged from hospital n recovering from apendix opp, but they said her swolen overie etc has to be monitored and they will tell doc all in her discharge notes , x