Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Clumsy-itis  (Read 1817 times)

sadielouise78

Clumsy-itis
« on: April 18, 2018, 02:47:44 PM »

Hi,

I was just wondering how many other people seem to be suffering from clumsy-itis whilst going through their menopausal stage?  There's so many things that keep happening that make me think, 'Is this down to menopause?'

On Saturday I fell down the stairs (ok so some numpty left a coiled up extension wire on it which I slipped on carrying the washing basket so it was inevitable) and ended up with a badly bruised foot and a sore bum. Then Sunday I head-butted the garage door as I didn't open it high enough (lots of swearing in our nice quiet street).  Monday I had a muscle spasm in my back as I set off for work which, by Tuesday, was causing great pain down my arm from, presumably, a trapped nerve.  Then on Tuesday evening I kicked the other halfs laptop bag and nearly broke my other foot.  So far today I've been ok (although in lots of pain from the above injuries) but the day is not over yet....

I feel like I should be walking around in a hard hat and steel toe-capped boots at the moment!  ;D

Sarah

Daisydot

Re: Clumsy-itis
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 03:51:20 PM »

It was recommended that I buy a roll of bubble wrap and fully kit myself out with it.says it all really  :rofl:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 04:22:12 PM »

;D - similarly affected ....... I walk out of slippers, I fall upstairs, I drop items or walk into furniture - then can't remember where the bruise came from  :-\  ::)

Kernow

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 05:36:33 PM »

I feel your pain Sadielouise......

Currently I seem to be talented in receiving various head injuries whilst in the garden, usually from impertinent bird feeders.... ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 06:43:12 PM »

Pesky birds leaving their feeders at head height  ;D bit like 'that strange woman' we seem to be sharing the same birds Kernow  ;)

sadielouise78

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 08:06:28 AM »

Hahaha  ;D I love these!  At least I know it's not just me then.  I did manage to get through Wednesday unscathed so things are looking up!   :D

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 08:11:15 AM »

It's definitely something hormonal. Back before HRT I noticed that just before my period I would have a couple of days where I would always be stunning my toe or dropping things. Mentally I would feel quite muddled and struggle with normal daily stuff. And the only time I have ever bumped my car (twice) was when my DD was a newborn.

Daisydot

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 09:21:40 AM »

Got to say Sadie.L when I first read this I read it as clumsy-tits  :rofl:
So common aren't I lol.xx

JaneinPen

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 11:51:27 AM »

Clumsy-itis is here in my home too. Because of back problems I now have a long grabber upstairs and downstairs because I seem to drop stuff everywhere. I walk in to half open doors when I my head tells me they are fully open. I trip going upstairs, bang myself on the bed end. I could go on but needless to say you are not alone Sadie

Charys

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 11:53:22 AM »

Yep ! I have bruises in various places on my legs and arms where I've knocked things hard - many I remember and some I just don't.  :-\ Sometimes I think its the anxiety of peri making me do things do flippin fast.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 03:22:48 PM »

Hi everyone.

Yep same here.
Always dropping stuff, my hubby is always saying
“No, don't carry that you'll only drop it.”
And 9/10 times I do!
Ha,ha,.
Just seem to drop everything.

Jd x