Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Switching from patches to gel?  (Read 16462 times)

Artmouse

Re: Switching from patches to gel?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2018, 10:13:54 AM »

Well, I started the gel two days ago and feel completely rubbish - completely exhausted, weak, depressed!  Now I'm thinking it this usual?

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2018, 05:04:31 PM »

Yes this happened to me when I went on the gel.  It has passed now luckily.

I think you will need to give it at least a month so that it can build up in your system.  I know that's what none of us want to hear though!

Mary G

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2018, 07:26:18 PM »

I agree, give it more time, your body is probably adjusting.  What dose are you on?

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2018, 07:57:24 PM »

Is being tired a symptom of the gel? I was on one pump before...then moved over to Evoret 50...then that wasn't working so consultant said to go to 4 x gel pumps a day to really whack it up, before then dropping it.

I feel super tired this week, but I hae had a bug. Could it be the increased ostrogen?

Artmouse

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2018, 10:24:44 PM »

I've gone straight from an Evorel 50 patch to 2 pumps of oestrogen.  I guess it must be body adjusting, didn't expect this!  If I didn't have to work full time in a demanding job don't think I'd be on HRT.  Started it mostly because of insomnia/bad joint pain!

paisley

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2018, 12:45:19 PM »

Artmouse
It is definitely because you have just started the gel & you will also have some of the oestrogen from the patches still in your system as well. Your body doesn't like change & at the moment it is having to deal with you coming off the patches but also starting the gel. It needs time to stabilize. I definitely felt like that when I started the gel years ago.

Artmouse

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2018, 02:40:46 PM »

Ah, interesting thanks.  Mine doesn't like any change at all I think!  Started to feel a bit better today. 

SueLW

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2018, 04:34:30 PM »

Ah, interesting thanks.  Mine doesn't like any change at all I think!  Started to feel a bit better today.

Hello Artmouse

I know this message thread is older, but how are you getting on now with the gel?

How long was the "breaking in period"?

What progesterone are you using with it and are you continuous or sequential?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm thinking of switching and need to know what to expect.

Emerald2017

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2018, 07:32:02 PM »

Can I ask you ladies if I can find Oestrogel or Lenzeto on line? There are not available in my country anymore...🙃 Thank you in advance.

SueLW

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2018, 08:57:49 PM »

Can I ask you ladies if I can find Oestrogel or Lenzeto on line? There are not available in my country anymore...🙃 Thank you in advance.

I'm sorry, I don't know.  I have some from a prescription.

Emerald2017

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2018, 09:06:58 PM »

Thank you!

Artmouse

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2018, 08:53:40 PM »

Hi SueLW

Sorry for late reply, only just spotted more on this thread.

I felt rubbish for 2-3 days after swapping from patches to gel.  Unfortunately, due to supply issues, I was only on the Oestrogel for a month.  Had to go back to Evorel 50 patches as couldn't get gel anywhere.  I'm on Utrogestan 100mg which I take sequentially (to be honest every second day which suits). 

I've realised that I'm very sensitive to hormonal fluctuations - about two weeks ago a patch came off after having a bath leaving me short on my prescription so I thought oh well, will put one on end of tomorrow instead.  Five days later, extremely dizzy to the point couldn't walk straight and ended up nauseous and vomiting with a migraine!  Lasted two days!

Have just been able to get Oestrogel again but will plan the changeover very carefully this time!
Pages: 1 [2]