Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Weird leg pain/bubbling  (Read 5401 times)

Lalb1

Weird leg pain/bubbling
« on: March 11, 2018, 06:49:20 PM »

A couple of weeks ago i posted about leg cramps which i thought may be related to the new birth control id been put on. Well the pain from what i thought was cramp has continued. Ive stopped the Loestrin to see if that made any difference, ive stopped alcohol and chocolate and ive upped my steps everyday ( walking is the only time it doesnt seem to ache). I put up with the strange cramp like sensation for about 10 days then was worried as it wasnt going away and panicked it could be a DVT, went to the doctors and had a check up. He was adamant its not a blood clot but couldnt give a definitive diagnosis of what the pain/sensation actually is. He asked if id had any back pain in the weeks leading upto it, No. He asked if id been laid up , yes with the flu 2 weeks previous. He said he thought it was something either to do with my back or nerve involvement. Well the pain has continued, the pain is worse at night after ive sat down and when im laid in bed. It feels like tingling crawling in my lower left calf and still with a cramped feeling in it, the tingling crawling feeling has also moved up my leg into my thigh, and i have a weird bubbling feeling every now and again in my calf. My knee feels tender in the front and behind. I keep getting a hot feeling and a cold feeling in my leg too, It helps to walk and thats what i have been doing to try and ease it.
Today i bent down and picked up a crayon my grandaughter had dropped and something twinged in my back and now i have pain across my back which is similar to the sciatic pain i used to get but a bit higher up. As soon as i try to turn to the side its more painful.
Im taking different vitamins that are supposed to help with muscle,joint pain etc, have been on these 3 weeks now.Also taking 30,000 Vitamin D a week. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of anything similar? 
Feel like I've lived at the doctors on a nearly weekly basis for the last 3 months, sort of hoping whatever this is will ease soon so i can feel brighter... however with all the weird new symptoms occuring its like a never ending journey. There are so many other things going off symptoms wise too i feel like im losing the plot!

Snoooze

Re: Weird leg pain/bubbling
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 10:59:42 PM »

I have something similar but just put it down to yet another meno symptom! It's normally my right leg. I do have an aching right hip which I have had for over a  year now and I do get lower back pain.

You can get referred pain from the back in different areas.

If your Dr wasn't overly concerned I wouldn't worry too much. Have you got a good mattress? I sometimes put a pillow between my legs near the knee which can help. Keep up the exercising and make sure you're wearing supportive shoes. I have a pair of boots I wear that started giving me terrible upper spine aching whenever I wore them.

dangermouse

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 08:59:31 PM »

It could be muscle tightness which gets worse at night when you may have more inflammation from hormonal imbalance. The crawling could be the nerve coming from tighter calf giving the creeping feeling up the leg.

Mine has now reduced (as it flared up when went back in the pill briefly) but always had it and sometimes other leg too. It's worse on flights so always wear flight socks and once when I forgot to put them on so put them in mid flight (only to Spain) I was then limping for first 2 days where I'd irritated it by compressing it when already in mid air expansion!

You could try some intense massage and stretching. Although mine never go but is better during the day and when moving about.

Daisydot

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 09:43:56 PM »

Could also be a mild prolapse if your getting back pain? Maybe check that out apparently 9 out of 10 women suffer from some sort of prolapse it's a lot more common than we realise.at least if you research it to get more info you can make informed choices then.good luck xx