Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: STUGGLING WITH MENOPAUSE  (Read 2362 times)

TA66

STUGGLING WITH MENOPAUSE
« on: March 07, 2018, 07:40:04 PM »

Hi I am new to the forum I have been taking elleste solo for 3 years following hysterectomy with ovary removal I have been fine up until now almost over night I have  dry eyes and mouth joint and muscle pain no swelling or redness it seems to move round my body also feel tingly at times no hot flushes and I sleep ok have had some blood tests which came back normal wasn't expecting this anyone else out there with the same problem whist taking h r t ?

TA66

Re: STUGGLING WITH MENOPAUSE
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 09:43:58 PM »

forgot to say i am 51

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 09:50:59 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM

You have been plunged into post meno - your body is trying to adjust!!

What dose are you taking? It sounds as though your oestrogen levels have bottomed out and you are not on enough oestrogen to compensate.  It might be a good idea to switch to transdermal oestrogen i.e. patch or gel, as this offers better absorption and you if you use Oestrogel you can control the amount you use better and gradually increase the dose, over a few weeks, till you find the level that works well for you.

Keep us posted - we are here to help.  DG x

TA66

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 10:00:56 PM »

I am on 2mg will make doctors appointment thanks for reply

TA66

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 02:23:25 PM »

hi just thought I would update had some blood tests done because of my symptoms sjogrens was one of them also rheumatoid pleased to say they were all normal I do think its time to change my hrt as I don't think its working anymore have spoken to a few close friends who feel the same as me should have told them how I was feeling sooner then I would have realised I am one of many x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 03:28:03 PM »

:welcomemm:

Browse round.  Make notes!

knorman

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 09:21:41 AM »

Morning TA66

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you are having.  I have ended up with dry mouth recently for various reasons, yet to be looked into.  Have had dry eyes for quite a while and use thealoz duo drops (Boots or Amazon) as recommended by my optician, I no longer wake up with my eyelids glued together!  I use Xylimelts from Amazon (or Growing Smiles by Google, not ordered yet, but a lot cheaper) for the dry mouth. Hope these may help whilst you get this sorted out.

Best wishes

TA66

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 01:17:13 PM »

Hi knorman I have some of the xylimelts and do find they help eyes are not so bad been using systane eyedrops the aches are more annoying than painful hopefully a change of hrt will help me on my way also been drinking plenty of water fingers crossed

knorman

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 08:58:59 AM »

It sounds like you are on the right track!  Hope you have the HRT sorted out soon.

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 08:14:44 PM »

Hi TA66

:welcomemm:

As a matter of interest what blood tests did you have and what were the results - "normal" can mean all sorts?! If you have no flushes or sweats and are sleeping well it does sound like the oestrogen dose could be OK. However as Dancggirl says transdermal HRT (patch or gel) is a better way of getting oestrogen into the body, so switching to this might help. The other thing is your testosterone levels may also be low as you had ovary removal and this is not usually tested on NHS although the option to give you replacement T should be considered. Lack of libido, fatigue & lethargy, and muscle aches after exercise especially, would be an indication that your T levels were low.

Hurdity x

TA66

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 08:39:48 PM »

hi cant remember the names of all the blood tests I have had so many I do have to go back to doctors so will get more info he also suggested that it could be anxiety related haven't suffered with this before but I do find myself worrying about nothing just lately and over thinking things will keep you posted on the outcome  x