Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Going grey  (Read 11648 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Going grey
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 09:20:17 PM »

Mine is growing slowly but the grey isn't back unless I look closely ..........

dulciana

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 01:44:19 PM »

Just had mine cut and coloured, back to almost its natural chestnut-with-red-hints shade.  The hairdresser took it slightly lighter this time and Hubby and I both think it looks better.  Dark-haired people's hair needs to keep up with skintone as it lightens with age, otherwise our faces fade into the background - and we don't want that, do we, girls?    ;) 

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 01:46:27 PM »

ummmm - see 'my chin' thread  ;D

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 03:24:40 PM »

Just had mine cut and coloured, back to almost its natural chestnut-with-red-hints shade.  The hairdresser took it slightly lighter this time and Hubby and I both think it looks better.  Dark-haired people's hair needs to keep up with skintone as it lightens with age, otherwise our faces fade into the background - and we don't want that, do we, girls?    ;)

I agree. Too many women dye their hair a very dark colour and it just looks like they have a hat on.   ;D.  I gradually went lighter when dyeing mine and had lowlights put in.  Now I am no longer dyeing it I quite like the look.  If I am going out anywhere now I do spend a bit longer doing my makeup as I think my skin tone needs a bit more colour.  I use a tinted moisturiser and it just gives a little colour to your skin which I hope looks better against my white halo.  ;D

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 03:45:47 PM »

I've got low & high lights in my light brown hair going to go for the ' fantasy mix' next which is four colours. 😎

Dottyaboutdurham

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2018, 09:14:00 AM »

Yes agree why do some people dye their hair so dark as they age..... black/dark brown hair is so harsh - not to mention a stark contrast for any stray greys on the parting & sides !  Been very lucky having very thickish hair, but unlucky that it grows so quick !!! >:(. My roots show up two weeks after a trip to the hairdressers  :-\ My hair is very light brown and I have a few very subtle highlights in, the aim is  to go dark blonde eventually and onto a lighter blond in the future. My mother had the most beautiful hair despite having it bleached and coloured since she was 21, towards the end of her years she was an ash blonde. Having pale skin and blue eyes it suited her better than her natural dark brown ! Sometimes I see ladies with the most amazing grey hair though and just wonder ...... decisions decisions  :o

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2018, 11:28:03 AM »

I saw a couple of girls with professionally coloured hair, one had cream fringe against a raspberry over-all colour, the other had tangerine with cream fringe and lower hair into the nape.  Now if I were 35 years and ...........  ::)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2018, 08:31:58 PM »

I met a woman on Saturday with lovely grey hair in a really nice style. I complimented her on her hair and said I had also decided to go grey. I did feel a fool when she told me she has it dyed grey.  ;D. I know its quite trendy for very young girls to dye their hair grey now but I  Honestly thought she was about my age.  She was 45!

apparently they strip all the colour out of your hair and then colour it grey. She also has to use a purple shampoo she told me.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2018, 10:05:16 PM »

Oh that's my hairdresser then  >:(.  28 and grey already and it looks awful!

Shadyglade

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2018, 10:11:51 PM »

My sister went naturally grey in her twenties but I only have a few grey hairs at nearly 62.  Isn't life strange.

Snoooze

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2018, 11:25:57 AM »

I've seen the purple shampoo it's for silver hair. A lot of young girls are dyeing it grey which seems odd to me!

dulciana

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2018, 11:50:53 AM »

Has nobody told them that one day they'll have no choice in the matter?  That lovely moment when we realise the "me" hair colour that we've known all our lives suddenly or gradually gets grey-ed out, never to return?  Goodness, they'll be wearing artificial wrinkles next!   :o

Ju Ju

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2018, 12:42:43 PM »

I saw a friend recently who has dyed her hair since I have known her. She went cold turkey and stopped dyeing her hair. I hadn't seen her for a long time due to living a long way from each other, so I was shocked, but in a very positive way. Her hair looks lovely. I'm fortunate not to have had spent money on hair colour as I am still blonde in my 60s. Shame my hair won't behave itself in other respects!

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2018, 02:07:47 PM »

love it dulciana  :lol:  my hairdresser doesn't even have a 'natural' grey colour, it's kind of well, dull .......... slate ........ like dirty dish water.

Shadyglade

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2018, 03:12:09 PM »

Uck, very fetching.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5