Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New member - low mood, joint aches, looking for advice on vitamins  (Read 3220 times)

Netsky

Hello,

I introduced myself in the "New members" section yesterday and tried to explain my main symptoms: low mood, low thoughts, low level of sleep. Just all is so "low" really, which it never used to be!

Anyway, Wonder if you'd like to help me make a shopping list of what to get when next at H&B's.

I was going to get B12, Omega 6 and Magnesium, but maybe I should start by trying one vitamin/mineral first?

By the way, I am on thyroid tablets and vitamin D.

Hope anyone can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks,

Netsky

Dotty

Re: New member - low mood, joint aches, looking for advice on vitamins
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 07:12:42 AM »

Have you spoken to your doctor about HRT?

Netsky

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 08:00:16 AM »

Hello Dotty

I have, he is very hesitant as I don't have many other physical symptoms. I have to admit I have not pushed it either. The reason is that I react terribly to hormones. When I was a teenager, I took hormones to stop growing. I was already nearly 6 foot at 14 so I took mega hormone cocktails for 1.5 years. Since then, I have been sick as soon as I took them. I have never been on a contraceptive pill for longer than a month as it's constant nausea and worse then...

thats why I am reluctant too to try anything "chemical"

Netsky

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 08:04:21 AM »

Don't be scared of HRT....it's not like the chemicals in the contraceptive pills. It's a natural form of Estradiol.

Daisydot

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 08:16:58 AM »

You don't have to take pills as such Netsky you could ask for transdermal either patches or Oestrogel which you just squirt from can and rub on thighs each day.theres less risk as this method by passes the liver etc.you would probably also be wise to go on vagifem if there's even a hint of dryness downstairs.it does get worse if untreated as the years go on.speak to your gp and do some research yourself on here.good luck xx

bramble

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 12:56:09 PM »

Have you tried St Johns Wort? It can be helpful for low mood etc (is prescribed by doctors in Germany so safe to take if you read the leaflet thoroughly as it can interact with some drugs).
I was recommended to take a good vit B product and a good omega-3 product.

Bramble

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 02:51:38 PM »

Hello Netsky and welcome to the forum.

I have changed my diet a lot in recent years and I am now eating Whole Food Plant Based ( WFPB. Lot's of info on t'internet if you are interested ). I'm hoping that the increase in plant phyto oestrogens will be of benefit and I understand that a daily tablespoon of ground Linseed/Flaxseed is a good source of these. Certainly can't hurt!

Wishing you well.

K.

Netsky

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 02:52:47 PM »

Thank you for more input!

I cannot take Sint John's as it interferes with my thyroid tablets.

today I ordered the book "Mood Cure" by Jane Ross, maybe someone has read it?

Greetings
Netsky

dazned

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 07:23:47 PM »

I would suggest a general multi vitamin and mineral tablet,alongside fish oils but stop your bit d or you will be doubling up. If joints still had glucosamine is get good.

dulciana

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 09:02:16 PM »

Hello,

I introduced myself in the "New members" section yesterday and tried to explain my main symptoms: low mood, low thoughts, low level of sleep. Just all is so "low" really, which it never used to be!

Anyway, Wonder if you'd like to help me make a shopping list of what to get when next at H&B's.

I was going to get B12, Omega 6 and Magnesium, but maybe I should start by trying one vitamin/mineral first?

By the way, I am on thyroid tablets and vitamin D.

Hope anyone can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks,

Netsky

Hi Netsky and welcome to MM.

You said you were going get magnesium.   I certainly wouldn't be without my magnesium spray at bedtime, as it definitely helps me sleep better and so I would recommend it.
Dulciana
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:04:47 PM by dulciana »