Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Has anyone had these Clonidine for hot sweats  (Read 3265 times)

zodiac

Has anyone had these Clonidine for hot sweats
« on: February 21, 2018, 05:09:22 PM »

Hi has anyone been prescribed clonidine 25 mg, for hot sweats ??? Two taken twice aday
 Ive been prescribed these because the hotsweats stop me from being able to sleep, but took two this morning after i got them and felt very tired which isnt good as really wanted to goto the gym  and now feel headachy which isnt good as just got the headaches under control
 also seen the side affects which are headaches , nightmeres , dry mouth , irritability and  ive had a mega thirst n dry mouth since i took them,
So was just wondering if anyones took them and how did you get on with them
Thanks x

Tinkerbell

Re: Has anyone had these Clonidine for hot sweats
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 05:31:20 PM »

Did your doctor not offer HRT or do you not want to use it?

I am asking that as current NICE guidelines say that HRT should be offered first for hot flushes/sweats unless patient has a condition that means HRT can't be prescribed.

Not surprised you feel funny it's a BP medicine, I had to take Methyldopa whilst pregnant and had similar side effects.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 06:08:00 PM by Tinkerbell »

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 06:35:30 PM »

Two of my close friends are on this and it's stopped their hot sweats completely. Not sure on the dosage though. Do you prefer not to go down the HRT route? Their only symptoms so far were hot sweats and didn't want HRT just for that so docs suggested Clonidine/dixarit.

Taz x

zodiac

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 08:04:47 AM »

Hi i cant take HRT or anything herbal i have to many side effects from them , had mamograms , cameras in side me so been told im sensetive to anything tThst affects hormones n eastrogen plus have severe migrains , but the tablets  the doc put me on  made me feel ill n caused a migrain , and didnt sleep 4 hrs again 😡,  So i give up if i could get a full nites proper slerp id feel ok id be able to cope with the hot flushes/sweats  but ive done everything over the yrs but still dont sleep
Im up at 4 am for wrk every morning and on the go all day so should be able to slerp but nope never happens 🙁

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 08:34:53 AM »

Have you considered transdermal hrt through gel or patches? This is a lot safer and hrt should not increase your blood pressure.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 06:21:02 PM »

Do you get up in the night and get on with things or do you lie there trying to sleep? I think you should ask for referral to a sleep clinic as extreme insomnia can cause many problems and, as you say, if you could only get a good night's sleep things would be so much more bearable.

Taz  :hug:

bramble

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 12:06:29 PM »

My friend has taken Clonidine for year for hot flushes. It works for her. Maybe persevere for a couple of weeks.
Bramble

Aileenf

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 07:32:21 AM »

I was prescribed these as originally doctor wouldnt give me HRT due to my history of migraines.  I didn't feel that they helped me.  Good luck.

Taygirl

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 10:12:52 AM »

I was prescribed Clonidine as well but didn't feel they helped me either so I stopped taking them.  I have tried all the usual herbal remedies but still having day and night sweats after 13 years.  Doc won't give me HRT due to Mum having breast cancer so just trying to persevere!