Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Este Duet Withdrawal Bleeding - Bad Timing  (Read 509 times)

mummybetsy

Este Duet Withdrawal Bleeding - Bad Timing
« on: March 08, 2018, 11:22:23 AM »

I've just started on Elleste Duet - 10 days in nothing much has happened so far. 

Anyway I have just realised my withdrawal bleed is likely to coincide with my upcoming holiday.   I haven't had a period for nearly two years so really dreading the inconvenience of this.

The leaflet says the bleed could happen from day 21 (first day of the green tablets) to day 5 of the next pack.  This is a huge window, does it differ a lot amongst users?  Is it typically somewhere around the mid-point?  What is the bleed like (heavy/light) and how long does it last - or does that differ hugely too??? 

Dancinggirl

Re: Este Duet Withdrawal Bleeding - Bad Timing
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 12:04:27 PM »

It usually arrives a day or two after you finish the progesterone phase of this HRT.  AS you haven't had periods for some time - so starting on a very low oestrogen level - I think you may find you get a very light period, if at all, as it can take a while for the oestrogen levels to build and therefore create a lining in the womb that needs to shed.

I wouldn't worry - just be prepared to get a bleed soon after you finish the combined progesterone and oestrogen pills and it may only last 3-4 days at most in this first month. Some women don't even bleed on a sequential HRt!!!!

I assume you are on the lower dose as well - so 1mg?   Benefits will take time as you are starting from this low point.  BE patient - the HRT may well help you to enjoy you holiday more.  DG x

mummybetsy

Re: Este Duet Withdrawal Bleeding - Bad Timing
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 02:46:03 PM »

Thanks for that positive response.  Yes, I'm on the 1 mg version.

It's good to know it may be a light one - non existent would be better.  Also explains why I haven't felt much different yet.