Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Advice on Meno needed please!  (Read 849 times)

lizzog

Advice on Meno needed please!
« on: March 07, 2018, 12:07:24 PM »

I'm not sure if anyone can give any advice.  I'm almost 52, and feel as though I've been going through the menopause forever (even though it's around ten years from the start of my perimenopausal symptoms).  I'm on my second mirena (it's been in for around 2 years now) for progesterone, and take one pump of oestrogel x 2 a day.
Mostly my symptoms have been ok, but for around 3 weeks I've had slight headaches, feeling very hungry, slightly nauseous, waking up in the night, night sweats, dreaming, outer thigh aches on waking and feeling lethargic and foggy headed during the day.  These are all symptoms that I've had before, and I'm pretty sure they are hormonal, but I wonder if I'm getting not enough/too much oestrogel, and what I should do? I also have POTS (a low blood pressure problem), which always gets worse with my hormones, so I often feel faint too - great!
Anyone got any advice?

aspie65

Re: Advice on Meno needed please!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 06:02:46 PM »

I'm no expert but as the peri varies I guess it is possible for an existing dose of estrogen to become insufficient.  It could be worth upping the dose for a week or two to see if that helps.

lizzog

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 09:20:37 PM »

Yes I was going to try a half extra pump tonight and see if that helps!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 09:55:17 PM »

lizzog - I'd get your thyroid function checked.  If you have been stable, with minimal meno symptoms, for some time, it could be that your hormone levels have bottomed out so the 2 pumps per day aren't enough, now or it could be the thyroid playing up.  Pop to the doctor to get the thyroid and oestrogen levels checked.  DG x

lizzog

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 09:57:18 PM »

I haven't had my levels checked for years so will see if they'll do it.