Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: 4 weeks since HRT swop and hit rock bottom  (Read 1888 times)

warwick01

4 weeks since HRT swop and hit rock bottom
« on: February 19, 2018, 05:40:06 PM »

Hi Ladies

Looking for some reassurance. !0 months on Angeliq stopped due to side effects from progesterone. Day 19 since I changed to Everol 50 will add progesterone once I settle on Oestrogen. However the last few days I feel Im  not absorbing the oestrogen. My symptoms this week are:

Flushes feel like I have a temp
flu like symptoms with shivers
Dry skin
spots on face and chest
joint pain
internal shakes
jelly legs
anxiety (mornings)
lots of flatulence
loss of bladder control

My question is do patches need to build up?? was thinking going straight from tablets to patches I would be ok?? on tablets my oestrodol was 294

Optimist

Re: 4 weeks since HRT swop and hit rock bottom
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 06:24:01 AM »

Hi Warwick01,
I noticed a difference going from tablets to patches and had to up my patches. So I cut a patch in half and this helped. I was also getting hot flushes again and joint pain. These definitely subsided on the higher dose. Could you speak to your GP and trial an increase? (I'd seek advice first as you're using unopposed oestrogen at present or maybe cut a patch in half and try for few days prior to seeing go to see if you notice a difference?) I did start to wonder if I was absorbing the patches so well and I'm now trialling oestrogel but I'm on the highest dose which I'd really like to try to reduce.
Maybe ask to trial femoston sequi if still peri as these have a kinder progesterone and come in a low and high dose oestrogen so you could increase from 1/10 to 2/10 if needed.
It's a minefield trying to get the right hrt for some duevto prigesterone side effects but persevere and let us know how you're getting on xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 06:39:30 PM »

How R U this week?

warwick01

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 07:49:19 PM »

CLKD

Feel I have the worse PMT ever. So tense with burning face throughout the day. Also had a coupe of weak moments. I have also had a thick lumpy jelly like discharge. My hormones must be all over the place, only had discharge like that when overlating I am 59 so don't think its that.

Week 4 on Everol 50...... Wx