Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vagifem.  (Read 12829 times)

Maryjane

Re: Vagifem.
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2018, 04:54:43 PM »

My VA requires , vagifem every other night , HRT , including Testosterone and I have also had laser treatment.

If left to just natural products , I probably wouldn't be here , no exaggeration.

JaneinPen

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 09:54:18 AM »

Razor blades for me too CLKD. No more. Three times a week seems to be doing the trick

Tinkerbell

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2018, 10:36:09 AM »

I have a friend ,a similar age to me, who is very anti HRT and believes you can deal with it by just using natural remedies. I get seriously annoyed with her, but don't show it, as I have been one of those with awful VA from the start and need full HRT and Vagifem every day to be able to live a normal life. I really don't think burgen bread and berry capsules would sort it!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2018, 12:12:33 PM »

Tinkerbell - I had a friend who, when I told her I had stopped systemic HRT, immediately said  "thank goodness you've come off that awful stuff”. She apparently had another friend who had a bad experience with HRT (I suspect through bad advice) so she just jumped to the conclusion that all HRT was dangerous!!!

I'm afraid I believe that the women who do well on ‘alternative' remedies, are actually not suffering badly from meno symptoms in the first place.  I have tried almost everything there is to try and spent a fortune with no true success.

Now 62, and very post meno, I just take a few supplements and RED CLOVER - plus, of course, the Vagifem and vaginal moisturisers.   The Red Clover is more an attempt to boost things for my heart and bones as I don't think it helps my flushes that much - there is some evidence that an increase in isoflavines in the diet, can help health generally after meno - can't do any harm.  DG x 

Hezzalady67!

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2018, 07:25:19 PM »

I just find that someone without a you-know-what must have invented the vagifem applicator.

So, you are really sore and inflamed down there...things seem smaller than before...here, shove this hard piece of plastic up there and push a thing in by clicking it like a biro.

Sorry. I had overcome my problems with vagifem, but think I am having a bit of VA or urethritis or something and I hate using it.

Wondering whether to try topical oestrogen, but not had chance to go to the GP.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2018, 08:00:00 PM »

There is ovestin cream but you have to use an applicator with that too.

Fee

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2018, 08:39:24 PM »

Another lover of Vagifem here.  I suffered UTIs and was almost living on antibiotics until my lovely female doctor prescribed Vagifem.  I still have the odd attack of thrush but I can cope with that and just do a reload of the Vagifem.  I am on my 2nd Marina coil and use Estraderm patches and have no intention of giving them up, I am 65 this year and have just started jogging. :)

Tinkerbell

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2018, 10:32:28 PM »

Fee...I am on a similar regime Vagifem, estrogel and a mirena and hope to continue long term.
Hope this doesn't come across rude, but are gp's happy to replace the mirena when you are over 60?
I am still a few years off that but it does worry that they will refuse at some point.
Well done on the jogging front, you are obviously far fitter than me.

Fee

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2018, 06:40:03 AM »

Tinker bell, I had my second coil fitted by my very lovely and “switched on” female dr in the surgery (the nurse who accompanied me also was on her second coil and over 60).  I think I might reassess the situation when it's due for renewal, early 2019, but now I have to go to hospital to have the procedure done, probably due to the practice cutbacks on time and lack of doctors in our area.

With all this exercise malarkey and showering, the itchy skin symptoms seems to have returned so I think a change of shower gel or soap is needed....just when you get on top of one thing something else appears  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]