Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Endometrial Thickness  (Read 1054 times)

Pageup

Endometrial Thickness
« on: February 14, 2018, 11:50:02 AM »

Hi everyone

So I went for an ultrasound yesterday at Sonoworld (thanks Aspie!) and the endometrium was measured (with difficulty due to fibroids) at 5.5mm.  I stopped bleeding yesterday, so it is at it's thinnest.

Is this a satisfactory thickness or should I be aiming to thin it out?  The sonographer said < 8mm is fine, but she also advised me to come in for the scan mid-cycle.

I am currently taking 3 pumps of Oestrogel (2.25mg) a day and a pea sized amount (4/5mg?) of Testim daily and Utrogestan 100mg for 7 days a month (as a suppository - thanks to MM).  Should I discuss with my GP increasing Utrogestan to 200mg x 7 days?

Thanks very much in advance.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Endometrial Thickness
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 12:15:41 PM »

Why not ask the sonographer at the time, whether or not you need to thin the enometrium?  As I understand it, 5-8mm is 'normal'. 

Is the current regime easing symptoms?

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 12:44:50 PM »

That reading sounds fine to me.   Everyone has a different base line reading and a former MM member who I am in touch with never goes below 5-6mm but her gynaecologist (one of the best in the UK) is not worried.   It's not just about the actual thickness, it's also about dark patches and stripes, endometrial cancer has very definite characteristics which can be detected via an internal scan.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 01:30:24 PM »

:thankyou: for the info.. 

I would think about how the current medication is/not easing the symptoms which sent me to the GP, B4 deciding whether to alter anything as it may tip the balance enough to cause problems.

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 01:36:14 PM »

Do you use utrogestan in your anus?

Pageup

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 02:47:02 PM »

Hi CLKD and Mary G

Thank you both very much for your response.  I'm glad to hear that 5-6mm is not a problem according to your friend's gynae.

I feel very well on this regime and the addition of testosterone has given me much more energy.

The sonographer said my uterus and ovaries look fine; she was lovely by the way should anyone be thinking of going to have a scan at this clinic.