Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Red bush tea  (Read 4716 times)

Daisydot

Red bush tea
« on: February 11, 2018, 10:44:10 PM »

Hi anyone tried this? I'm pleasantly surprised by how nice it is.It has no caffeine or tannin apparently and lots of health benefits.
I struggle because my bladder hates caffeine all of a sudden so it's always nice to find something different,I tried the tetley red bush with vanilla and it's gorgeous.just thought maybe someone would be interested especially if having trouble sleeping it's good for insomnia.xx

Joaniepat

Re: Red bush tea
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 11:09:26 PM »

Yes, I'm a redbush fan. As well as being caffiene-free it's also alkaline, so great for when you have bladder or urethral problems as it doesn't irritate. I have the Tick Tock brand, just the plain ordinary version with no flavourings. Enjoy yours!
JP x

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 11:51:37 PM »

Great info Jp thank you for that I'll try the Tick Tock brand too.xx

carol100

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 07:10:59 AM »

I also drink this and love it. I was trying to drink ordinary tea without sugar or sweeteners but couldn't get used to it. I only have redbush now it has a sort of sweetness. I used to suffer a lot with acid reflux and had given up on spicy foods, peppers, picked onions etc. Since giving up ordinary tea I don't get reflux and I eat the foods I gave up. So all good.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 10:43:30 AM »

:sick02:  ;D

Daisydot

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 05:09:31 PM »

Not a fan then.Im getting hooked on it now lol

Susannah

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 06:08:07 PM »

Big fan of redbush here.  Have you tried the Marks and Spencer's own brand?  It's totally refreshing and delicious with or without milk.  I started drinking it after being advised to cut down on caffeine and couldn't go back to regular tea which tastes too "thick" now if that makes sense. :)

Daisydot

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 06:14:07 PM »

No I haven't susannah I didn't know marks did it I'll try that too thank you.
I get exactly what you mean when you say thinner it seems purer.I really like that bit of vanilla through it too and I've just realised I conked out for nearly two hours today which I don't usually do so maybe that's why as I've been drinking it since yesterday,blooming hope so I'll get loads in 😂😂

Lanzalover

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 07:47:45 PM »

I'll have try it will report back.

Lanzalover

Daisydot

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 10:09:25 AM »

Morning ladies well I have to tell ive smashed my records for sleep 8.5 hours sleep and only woke once at 7am then straight back to sleep till 9 am.its got to be the redbush tea.Ive also noticed no sugar cravings although I do put a spoon in my tea haven't been brave enough to try without sugar lol.Im not snacking between meals and not wanting to eat late at night which was my hardest time so I'm definately a convert lol.would be lovely to get rid of some of this blubber before bikini time 😂

Joaniepat

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 11:07:13 AM »

Hi Daisydot, glad to hear you had such a good night's sleep, especially after yesterday's little incident. Hope all will be well on that score. I normally have half a teaspoon of sugar in coffee or ordinary tea, but have just enjoyed my redbush without for the first time. It was absolutely fine, so be brave and try it! The vanilla in yours might help.
Take care,
JP x

Daisydot

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 11:33:24 AM »

Hi JP yes thank you I'm fine necks a bit sore but expected that as already had problems there but it's taught me a lesson I'll check then double check lol.I will try my tea at lunch time with no sugar then and as you say the vanilla flavour will probabaly mask it plus if no tannin I don't imagine it'll be as bitter as normal tea,funny my cats always want to share whatever I have and they've been very interested in my teacup 😂 if it had usual tannin in they wouldn't go near so that's a good sign.enjoy your day and thank you xx

dahliagirl

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 11:30:12 AM »

I tried this after reading The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency - they are always drinking a cup of Bush Tea  ;D

It is ok.  It sort of tastes like tea, but doesn't.  I usually drink very weak tea, but even so I think I miss the caffeine. 

I will dig it out from the back of the cupboard and give it another go after reading this though.  I have had to cut back on my coffee (I was having one every morning last week) because it has definitely brought on the palpitations/feelings of dread/adrenaline and I have had to do a lot of yoga breathing.  So it might help me to cut out the caffeine if I can.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 01:49:02 PM »

We are drinking more leaf tea.  There is an over-all awareness that plastic pollution is destroying the Planet and causing suffering in the wild-life, apparently tea-bags have plastics which is why they no longer rot down in our compost!

Leaf tea has more flavour  ;)

dahliagirl

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 02:25:53 PM »

I couldn't believe it when I read that!  I know that some of those posh ones that you can buy are in bags that are like polyester mesh and I don't go near those.  But I thought the more every day ones were paper  :'(

I have a new teapot with a metal insert for the leaves.  I have not found it any easier to empty than swilling the teapot out through a sieve though.  The leaves stick to the sides so you still have to rinse it and catch the stragglers.
Pages: [1] 2 3