Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: static  (Read 3243 times)

daisie

static
« on: February 08, 2018, 09:42:53 AM »

hi ladies  can anyone tell me if they get a lot of static in your body im full of it .scared to touch the light switch anything metal shopping trollies car doors sink tap television screen my hair is full of it when i brush it ..is it another menopausal symptom my hands are always dry more like sand paper anyone help out there for it x daisie

meno lesley

Re: static
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 09:56:23 AM »

Always had loads of static, can't wear watches as they over wind and often giving people electric shocks. For me it's the only thing that hasn't been hormonal!! X

daisie

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 10:14:59 AM »

hi meno lesley thanks for your reply , i find it weird how our body can produce all this static x

TheWorstWitch

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 10:18:51 AM »

You've rung a bell with mine - I'd not thought about it before but do go through patches of feeling full of static that seem now I do think about it to be related to my cycle. How odd! The dry hands thing too - spectacularly bad at the moment again. Remember that man made fibres can be worse for the static thing so try to keep to wearing cotton etc as much as possible maybe and see if that helps?

daisie

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 11:52:03 AM »

hi worstwitch yes i can relate to the fabric when i wear nylon it sticks to me ,,its getting worst i even have to hold a dish cloth to turn the tap on  i wonder if it is to do with all the dryness our dodys go through at menopause x daisie

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 05:43:46 PM »

I hate this. I always get shocks from walking over the astro turf at work!

It's usually caused by clothes you are wearing. You may find that it's the combination of, maybe, a camisole top under a jumper or sometimes its the shoe soles - especially trainers I've found. I've also had more problems since we've updated our carpets which are now mostly wool. https://lifehacker.com/5851341/how-can-i-avoid-static-shocks-in-the-winter

Taz x

daisie

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 07:46:04 AM »

hi taz  .thanks for the link ill have a read x daisie

walkingthedog

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 08:05:53 AM »

This is very interesting
Recently I have been having static shocks from touching some of the children I work with!my hands are really dry and I keep getting a raised sore rash on them.
The mysteries of the menopause

daisie

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 12:22:30 PM »

hi walkingthedog..its funny you saying having shocks from touching children same thing happened to me a couple of nights ago ..i  took a piece of sweet wrapper from my partner while touching his hand i got another static shock .my hands are realy dry aswell  got another static shock last night when turning the kitchen light on .think i better start to wear some gloves around the house x daisie

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 01:27:21 PM »

Dry skin conducts the charge faster. Shoes, especially trainers, are a culprit when they are in contact with surfaces such as carpets. Wool ones are dreadful. It gives ideas of how to combat it in the link I posted.

I don't think it's anything to do with menopause walkingthedog - just a combination of dry air and fabrics? A humidifier can make a lot of difference at home.

This advice from the link is helpful for those horrible times when you get a shock as you close your car door

"You may have also noticed that often, when you get out of your car, you get a shock when you touch the door. You might have even heard that touching the door frame as you get out of the car can help, and that's true. Make sure you start holding the metal frame before you get out of the car, and you keep touching it until you're out of the seat completely. If you forget to do this, you can also touch the car door with your keys. Since the electricity will discharge through them, you won't feel a shock"

Taz x

daisie

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 12:01:53 PM »

hi taz  thanks for the link iv had a read ..was interesting would not have thougt of the things that can cause the static x daisie