Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Dr. Renee, Red Clover and Black Cohosh.  (Read 4185 times)

Kathleen

Dr. Renee, Red Clover and Black Cohosh.
« on: December 03, 2017, 05:19:44 PM »

Hello Ladies.

Thanks to Annie0710 I've just discovered Dr Renee's videos.  She mentions trying Red Clover or Black Cohosh for treating menopause symptoms. I am fairly cynical about alternative remedies but her comments made me wonder if I'm missing something. I wonder if any of you ladies have any comments or know if there actually is some new supporting scientific evidence and if so where to find it?

Take care ladies.

K.

P.S. I've just remembered a lady GP I saw ages ago also suggested I try RedClover and I dismissed it at the time.

Dancinggirl

Re: Dr. Renee, Red Clover and Black Cohosh.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 06:57:23 PM »

I take high dose Red Clover - Premensil. When I ran out once,  I just bought a lower dose brand and I noticed that my flushes and blood surges through my legs at night got worse. When I went back on the higher dose the flushes etc did reduce again after about 3-4 weeks. I think one does need to take it consistently.  I too am cynical about alternative remedies having tried just about everything but I decided to take Red Clover as there is some evidence it helps bones and heart. I also have Soya milk with my cereal in the morning. DG x

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 07:44:11 PM »

Ah glad you're enjoying the videos Kathleen x

RubyLove

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 05:09:12 PM »

When I realised I was in perimenopause last year, aged 45, I went on a webinar by Marion Stewart. Since then, I increased my intake of phytoestrogens to alleviate my predominantly emotional symptoms ( I don't get hot flushes). So I drink red clover tea, black cohosh tea, hawthorn tea and St. John's Wort tea, soy milk smoothies with flaxseed and edamame beans. Four months later, my emotional symptoms are better though my cognition, energy and sex drive are not, so I am now trying testosterone (early days: 2 weeks). I like the dietary changes and have increased my omega 3s also (more salmon, eggs, etc) and antioxidant fruit and veg (berries, orange veggies and green leafy veg). I would especially recommend trying red clover tea. It tastes lovely and has decreased my caffeine and alcohol intake, which I think helps anxiety.