Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 50! Not happy  (Read 8340 times)

Spangles

50! Not happy
« on: February 01, 2018, 06:43:15 AM »

I'm going to be 50 tomorrow and the thought of it makes me feel sick and anxious! Never really felt like this about a birthday, what's wrong with me?
Have you ever worried about getting old?
I know 50 isn't old but I feel I'm past the prime of my life and past the half way point of my life!
I feel quite sad about it.
xXx

Shadyglade

Re: 50! Not happy
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 10:26:04 AM »

Hi Shellb, 

The thing is none of us know where the half way point in our lives is.  I think you have to regard each day a potentially your last and that way you make the very most of it.  That may seem depressing but if fact can be truly liberating.

Motto for the day - 'don't just think positive, DO positive'

Really, it does help :)

Alicea

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 10:33:17 AM »

Aw. I hope you have a surprisingly nice day in spite of feeling like this ❤️

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 12:29:26 PM »

My happiest and most relaxed years have been since I was 60! So you're a mere baby! Forget your age and go and do the things you want to do now! Don't leave it till you have time/money! If you really want to do something you can find a way. When DH and I were in our early 50s, we took a gap 6 months and travelled round the world on the cheap.....camping some of the time, even though we hadn't camped since being very young and I have challenging health issues. Now I'm having singing lessons. My friend is a drummer in a rock band in her 70s! What do you want to do? Just for you?

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 09:36:52 PM »

From the age of almost 64 I wish I had realised that 50 was a great age to be! I have found that the difference between 53 and 63 seems much more than a mere ten years!

Taz x  ;D

groundhog

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 11:42:39 PM »

Every day is a gift, the future isn't promised.

Enjoy your birthday xx

Lanzalover

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 08:21:58 AM »

Wishing you a very  happy  :hbday: enjoy your day.

Lanzalover

Daisydot

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 02:04:52 PM »

Happy birthday Shellb.💐its only a number remember 😂 xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 02:13:59 PM »

:cake:

When I turned 30 I was OK.  When I turned 31 I was laying in bed and ran my hands down both thighs ......... looking to see if my weight had spread during the night  ::)

I'm 60+ now ..........

What's the worst that can happen at 50?  What do you miss from years gone by?

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 04:10:35 PM »

Recovered Shellb?

Katejo

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 05:53:13 PM »

I'm going to be 50 tomorrow and the thought of it makes me feel sick and anxious! Never really felt like this about a birthday, what's wrong with me?
Have you ever worried about getting old?
I know 50 isn't old but I feel I'm past the prime of my life and past the half way point of my life!
I feel quite sad about it.
xXx
I know what you mean! My 50th birthday seems like yesterday but I will be 55 next month. We just have to make the most of the time available to us. I wish I didn't have a bit of a conscience about spending money on holidays. I do spend it but a little voice in me says that I shouldn't spend more than a certain amount and that any further spare money  should be donated to charity! It doesn't help that my brother winds me up by saying that I go away too much.

Woodlands

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 07:14:56 PM »

Hello ladies.
I'm 55 next month. I hated 40 but 50 just passed me by. I look at yes, having less years ahead of me but also planning how I want to live each day. As you know I know personally how short life can go in my DS....but I'm liberated being almost 55..my friends say I'm beautiful too....stunning natural grey hair ...good skin...so enjoy is my motto xx

Katejo

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 07:35:31 PM »

Hello ladies.
I'm 55 next month. I hated 40 but 50 just passed me by. I look at yes, having less years ahead of me but also planning how I want to live each day. As you know I know personally how short life can go in my DS....but I'm liberated being almost 55..my friends say I'm beautiful too....stunning natural grey hair ...good skin...so enjoy is my motto xx
which date in March ? My 55th birthday is the 11th.

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 12:53:51 AM »

Taz - its weird isn't it, when you get into your 60's, 50 starts to feel a long way off?

My sister and BIL are about 10 years younger than my OH and 6 years younger than me. In our 30s/40s and 50s that age gap didn't seem very noticeable but now it seems to be widening again just as it was when we were in our teens and 20s! Especially so because we have now retired but they still have years to work.

Yes it is odd how the gap widens again. To be honest I'm just grateful to have just reached 64 having lost friends who died in their fifties!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 05:01:40 PM »

Is Shelby still in a darkened room, recovering  :-\
Pages: [1] 2