Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Smoking  (Read 13131 times)

Katejo

Re: Smoking
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2018, 09:08:01 PM »

BIG MISTAKE IT'S 210 DAYS lol been saying 120 all day IT'S 210 definitely go me lol.

Karen
Xxx
:) Well done! Keep it up!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2018, 07:36:33 PM »

So it isn't bothering you.  How are you filling your days? 

kazy68

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2018, 09:24:00 PM »

It doesn't bother me at all CLKD, I honestly am surprised myself, I do my normal routine every day, do my housework, have granddaughter every afternoon from 1 till 5.30, so she keeps me busy, but I have had her from 4 months old and she will be 2 in November, but I don't miss smoking at all and I for one never thought I would give up a 30 a day habit.

Karen
Xxx

Tempest

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2018, 09:04:36 PM »

Wow!!! That is a FANTASTIC achievement, Karen! :congrats: :bouncing: :congrats: xxxx

Freckles1971

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2018, 11:12:21 PM »

I have been vaping for a little over two years now and found it to be the best thing for me to stop smoking. Started off on 18mg of nic and now down to 3mg.  I did try the patches but kept having strange dreams,then tried the gum and that made me throw up!  So now it's just been vaping and no stinkies at all. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 11:33:44 PM by Freckles1971 »

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2018, 01:05:53 PM »

Be careful, some are becoming addicted to the vape as well as turning to cigarettes  :-\ and there is no research about vaping that holds up. 

Freckles1971

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2018, 11:10:30 PM »

Be careful, some are becoming addicted to the vape as well as turning to cigarettes  :-\ and there is no research about vaping that holds up.

Is that research done by big tobacco companies?  ::)  You'll be telling me next how vaping causes popcorn lung next! ;D

Annie0710

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2018, 07:16:25 AM »

I'm still a vaper, smoke free for 6 years now and don't intend to give up my cherry vape

Dr and dentist both know I vape and have never frowned at me for it, plus during my last anaphylaxis paramedic asked if I smoked and I said only vape, she said it doesn't count

At the end of the day it gives me pleasure, and like with hrt, it's quality of life over quantity x

CLKD

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2018, 10:00:53 AM »

Is there any research that points to any dangers, my friend is a Pharmacist and has read all the current 'research' ........ it does depend on how Funds that Research, whether it is Peer Reviewed etc..  We thought that smoking was OK initially so do take care.

Vaping was introduced in order to wean people off ciggies .......... so should be for short-term use, i.e. not longer than 4 12 months ;-)

I would be concerned if any medical professional didn't have up-2-date info but it seems that they really aren't bothered to delve deeply.

Cazikins

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2018, 06:59:57 PM »

Well done to everyone that have been able to give up smoking cigarettes.

The fact that some have chosen to vape should also be applauded. It is less harmful, it doesn't smell & it gives pleasure.

Cazikins - ex smoker of 20+ roll ups a day. Last one smoked 8 years + 1 month after developing a polyp on larynx & BB being diagnosed with throat cancer & still with us thankfully.  :) :)

CLKD

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2018, 08:12:10 PM »

Well done Cazikins nice to see you aboard.

Vaping certainly does smell.  I followed a woman yesterday in a street and it reeked ....... blew right back into my face!  Like ciggies, they should be used sensibly! 

CLKD

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2018, 02:52:50 PM »

I have thus far in the last 6-7 weeks walked down streets in towns across the UK and smelt from vapes - in no particular order  ;D

vanilla is the most common
peaches  :-\
cannabis ? .........
more vanilla ........... like following an ice cream  ::)
burnt walnuts

Now of course it might have been after shave  ;D or a badly hung over-coat  ???

Cazikins

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2018, 01:41:38 PM »

I have thus far in the last 6-7 weeks walked down streets in towns across the UK and smelt from vapes - in no particular order  ;D

vanilla is the most common
peaches  :-\
cannabis ? .........
more vanilla ........... like following an ice cream  ::)
burnt walnuts

Now of course it might have been after shave  ;D or a badly hung over-coat  ???

Sounds like aftershave to me then CLKD, unless you could see them vaping that is... ;)

Annie0710

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2018, 06:29:09 PM »

I've never smelt anyone's vape before, but I vape cherry flavour so hopefully it'd be nice for someone if they did smell it

Kind of related but me and hubby were babysitting the grandchildren yesterday and we walked them all to the country play Park and in walked (fenced and gated area) a dad with his kid and the dad was smoking cannabis! It stunk ! X

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2018, 09:28:30 PM »

Yeah, when I walk the dog I smell their weed everywhere.
Cars that drive past, cars parked up, ie, at the pub, in the park car park.
There's loads of it around here.
Young lads park up, and stand in the entrance of the park smoking it, it has a very high hedge, and only people actually going into the park can see you. So they think they're safe there.
It really does stink, your right Annie0710.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5