Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Smoking  (Read 13070 times)

kazy68

Re: Smoking
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2018, 05:04:03 PM »

So sorry to hear about your sister daisydot, can't imagine what you have been through, we are in the same situation, she is defiantly a stress smoker and has way more stress in her life than I do, we all as a family try to help as much as we can but she is stubborn and won't except help when offered.
Thank you Ellie I really feel I have overcome the worst part.
She has been to gp got to go to clinic on Thursday see where they can help.
Nope I flipping missed it this week, will be watching it on catchup this week tho.
Karen
Xxx

jules55

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2018, 10:58:20 PM »

Hi Kazy68 Well done for giving up the cigs. I smoke around 12 a day and really want to stop, the e cigs you use, have they got nicotine in? There are so many to choose from! And I'm not sure if a non nicotine one would help me. Any help would be appreciated thanks :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2018, 12:06:15 PM »

Maybe think about when you like a ciggie Jules?  and decide if there is something you could do instead, to put off the lighting up for a longer time each day? 

kazy68

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2018, 06:02:00 PM »

So sorry for late reply been a rough few weeks, my sister back in hospital with pancreas trouble, my granddaughter been in all this week had to have her appendix removed Friday (finally), and my aunt got taken In Thursday with pneumonia, been like a family reunion in hospital, thankfully all well on the way to recovery.
Jules55 at the moment there is 6mg nicotine in my liquids, this month tho I'm ordering 3mg as I don't feel I need much if any, after the few weeks i've had i thought I would go straight for the packet but didn't 6 weeks yesterday.

Karen
Xxx

jules55

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2018, 09:31:38 PM »

Hi Karen
Thank you for the advice. I think you have done really well considering what's happened with your family members. I think I would have caved in. Glad to hear they are all recovering.
I've ordered an e cigarette and 6mg nicotine refills, so will keep you posted.
Many thanks Julie

Daisydot

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2018, 10:27:53 PM »

Keep it up ladies your doing fantastic it's not easy but over 30 years ago I never thought I'd do it and now with all the health issues I've had I'm so grateful that smoking was something I never had to factor in so anyway ive never regretted stopping and neither will you.well done xx

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2018, 12:05:04 PM »

Hopefully all relatives will make good recoveries!

Kathleen

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2018, 01:38:56 PM »

Hello ladies.

This post reminds me of a story I've told before but worth a repeat I think.

My mother in law told me that when here own mother was in her late forties and ' having trouble with her nerves ' their family doctor advised her to take up smoking! This would have been in the 1930s when everyone smoked including the doctor himself. My MIL's mum did buy a packet of cigarettes and gave it a go, she was following doctor's orders after all, but decided it wasn't for her so stopped after two weeks.

Perhaps an e cigarette would have been the answer if they had existed at that time as presumably it was the calming effect of nicotine that the doctor had in mind.

Take care ladies.

K.

kazy68

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2018, 11:36:24 AM »

Hi all,
Hope you are all well, just an update on the quitting, well it's been 14 weeks, yes 1114444 weeks lol and still no ciggies, feeling great lost nearly 1 and 1/2 stone, exercising every day, not going mad just walking everywhere, got more energy than ever, sure I would feel better if it wasn't for meno symptoms popping in to see me every few weeks, but still going strong 😁.

Karen
Xxx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2018, 12:19:29 PM »

kazy68 -  :congrats: :ola: :clapping:

Keep going.  A real success story and inspiration for others. 

Do consider HRT if the meno symptoms get too troublesome.  DG x

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2018, 04:56:00 PM »

Maybe keep a diary of symptoms?  Then decide which you would like to ease first ;-)

kazy68

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2018, 04:56:02 PM »

Can't believe it was May since I last posted, won't make it along one lol,
Just popped in to say 120 days ciggy free and loving it, weight loss not so great so joined ww (weight watchers) last week 4lb loss first week woop woop, brought treadmill and exercise bike yesterday, hope they will motivate me to get of my butt and do something, on the whole feeling good (well great for not smoking lol) meno symptoms keep rising and then falling just take 1 day at a time.
Go me 120 days can't believe it.

Karen
Xxx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2018, 05:42:23 PM »

:ola: :ola: :ola: :ola: :ola: :ola: :ola: DG x

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2018, 05:43:04 PM »

:medal:

kazy68

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2018, 08:19:15 PM »

BIG MISTAKE IT'S 210 DAYS lol been saying 120 all day IT'S 210 definitely go me lol.

Karen
Xxx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5