Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Smoking  (Read 13126 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Smoking
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 02:15:37 PM »

Mind set is positive  :peace:

R U saving what you would have spent in a jar?  ;). Do you have a holiday destination you would like to visit ........  we have a holiday thread here somewhere  ::)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 02:43:12 PM »

Well done kazy68 - keep it up.  IF you are feeling good now - think how great you will feel in 4-6 weeks?
Do plan a treat for yourself at the end of 4 -6 weeks - £300 is a weekend away somewhere nice? DG x

kazy68

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 03:51:28 PM »

Thank you ladies CLKD were planning a cruse next year for our 25th anniversary so the first 300 is half the deposit for that lol.
DG can't believe how good I feel, look after grandaughter every afternoon she is 14 months old, this week I'm sitting or should I say rolling round the floor with her playing with her and loving it.

Karen
Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 04:06:06 PM »

Oh a cruise: Silver Service ;-).  It's years since we had our 25th  ;D ........

ellie

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 04:14:40 PM »

Keep focused on that lovely cruise ( green with envy) .  I doubt that  their are many places onboard where anyone is allowed to smoke ( if any).  I remember when we last cruised a few years ago, seeing little groups of people stood outside smoking, and feeling really glad that I had quit.....
My best friend died because she smoked.......So keep up the good work, you CAN do it 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018, 04:16:36 PM »

Do we have a thread on cruises?  Off to have a look-see ;-)

Lanzalover

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 06:19:55 PM »

Well done Kazy68.

I have been seriously thinking of giving up myself as I am just getting over a really nasty chest infection.

Keep focused on the cruise.

Lanzalover

sheila99

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2018, 06:26:18 PM »

Well done Kazy, keep it up! My Dad was a chest consultant. His youngest patient started picking up fag ends at 5 years old and died from lung cancer aged 12. Needless to say I have never smoked.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2018, 07:01:20 PM »

I bumped the cruise thread  ;)

A Consultant I worked with many years ago said that a person wasn't addicted unless they woke in the night for a ciggie  ;)

It's not a vice I picked up.  Fortunately as I have a tendency to obsessions ..........

kazy68

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2018, 08:51:28 PM »

Really can't wait for the cruise never been abroad won't fly lol extremely claustrophobic and once they shut that door I can't escape lol. The few we have seen go from and back to Southampton so not to bad.
I'm off to check out the cruise thread  :)

Karen
Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2018, 10:42:24 AM »

I can't be shut in which is why we don't fly.  Now if John Travolta offered up his Lear Jet  ;)

kazy68

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2018, 01:52:42 PM »

Just an update,

4 weeks yesterday and still ciggie free,  :spin:, feel like I could do cartwheels lol, no craving anymore either I feel I am past the " oh I need one " phase.
Helping my sister with quitting at the moment, she had a second heart atack last saturday, her stent was blocked and she had to have it replaced and a second one put in too, she is doing ok now getting there and doing so well cutting out the fags but not totaly off them as yet but she will get there im sure, scared the life out of me again as I found her the first time 4 years ago now and she is only 52.
So glad I decided to quit before all this happened I'm sure I would be smoking more and my anxiety would be through the roof.
She was 48 with her 1st attack and as I was coming up to 48 oh boy I was making myself ill  thinking I was going to have one like she did, i won't be the same when I get to 52 big changes ahead,
1, already on it quit smoking
2, eat healthy
3, exercise more
4, full lifestyle change
Onward and upwards, we will both get there.

Karen
Xxx

Daisydot

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2018, 02:08:38 PM »

Well done you so proud of you for meeting your challenges head on like this,I lost my beautiful big sister also in her 50s to lung cancer due entirely to her heavy smoking,I would say she was a stress smoker so it was really much harder for someone like her to stop whereas I had no stress in my life by comparison so found it easier to stop.
Keep doing what your doing it's a lifestyle change but it's so worth it 💐🥇xx

ellie

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2018, 03:33:11 PM »

:congrats:     Keep it up, you are over the worst part........

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2018, 04:22:13 PM »

I am surprised that chest units don't provide 'after care', in order to help patients/families/friends to quit  ::)

Well done.  You are saving money ......... did you watch Jane MacDonald on the cruise in Viet Nam the other night? 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5