Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Hello - really, really struggling  (Read 18161 times)

Jeepers

Re: Hello - really, really struggling
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2018, 05:38:15 PM »

Hi Sunshine

Sorry for taking so long to reply, but I have been in Cornwall for a week, and there was no Wifi, and not much mobile signal.

I have managed to get an appointment with the menopause clinic in Stratford on Avon, in 3rd week of June. I have also started using Vagifem and more recently Replens (which has caused a worrying side effect which I hope is normal).  I am doing a mindfulness course, and am hoping to do CBT as well soon.

I have even managed to date a nice guy (well he sees nice, but I still feel cautious).  Nothing much has happened yet in that department, I am so afraid he will turn out to be a player, or he will not like me when he realises who I really am.  Hey ho.  I wish my Dad was still here, he used to ask me every time I saw him  "Have you got a new man yet?" So, after 8 years, it would have been nice to say "maybe" rather than "I'm okay on my own Dad"

I'd like to think I am not a bad person, I just don't know how.

I am so pleased to hear that you feel better Sunshine, I want to be like you  :)

xxx

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2018, 07:22:30 PM »

Hi Jeepers

The menopause clinic appt is the start of good things to come.  Ive never heard of replens but mention all this to the clinic.  You can still tell your Dad im sure he is still listening he would be happy for you.

You will start liking you and feeling worthwhile it will come and you will be better like me but mainly like how you should feel, its just around the corner waiting for you to get there........

Good Luck and keep in touch xxxxxxxxxx

Lisa1966

« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2018, 08:10:52 PM »

Hi jeepers,
I just wanted to give u light at the end of that very dark tunnel. I was like this last year for 8 months,but I darednt be on my own 24/7,I had to be babysat by my family. I really thought I was going to die,and I wanted to most of the time,I couldn't eat, I lost 3 stone and looked like death,I've never been so scared in my life. I didn't know it was the menopause then,and nor did my dr or the psychiatrist I was referred to.i had my meds changed and asked to try hrt,it was a slow journey,but I got there,I'm still not 100% but I will get there,I'm still trying to get my hrt right and I know I am close. Last year was hell on earth and I just wanted to share my story with u,to let u know u will get there too. Be kind to ur self,u deserve to be happy.

Ps I hope u get to first base soon ;)

Lisa x

Daisydot

« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2018, 09:02:27 PM »

Well said Lisa it's a hard road but you can get there with persistence and support.
Jeepers hang in there till you get to your appointment and hopefully you'll get the help and support you need,I'm 61 verrry soon lol and I'd give anything to have my mum around too,just even for that reassuring cuddle but you know what I'm realising and noticing now,age knows no barriers and I've met so many different people this last wee while and all of them have needed that reassuring cuddle from me,I've been so privelaged to have shared tears and a cuddle with complete strangers I've met on holidays or in Marks and Sparks it's amazing how you come full circle and find from beiing in that needy position yourself you can suddenly be that comforter other people need.keep plodding away that's all we can do and it'll suddenly just click  :rofl:

Jeepers

« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2018, 06:57:28 PM »

Hi

Thank you so much for your kind words, it means a lot.  I am better than I was, much less anxious, and sort of coping., although as I said on the other thread, I am struggling to not panic about ongoing gastric problems.

I was all set to take the whole of the summer off, but work have begged (literally) me to stay until the end of the project.  I think I'm going to negotiate a 4 day week though, and enjoy some of this glorious sunshine.

I think 1st base has been hit, but I haven't made a home run yet.  Suffice to say, I have discovered I still have a libido, which is nice (nice doesn't seem like the right word, but, you know ...  :whist:

Jeepers  xx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]