Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Lasting nausea with latest colds doing the rounds  (Read 2809 times)

Lady Daviot

Lasting nausea with latest colds doing the rounds
« on: January 22, 2018, 05:06:40 PM »

Hi all, so despite flu jab, avoiding public etc. I came down with another cold. Been around for a week and limited rest as just started new job so had to be on the go. Cough starting to go along with sinus pain but the frequent nausea is a rail pain. I know that it says it take around 3 weeks to get over a cold but just wondered how other are fairing with the range of colds out there.

Kathleen

Re: Lasting nausea with latest colds doing the rounds
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 05:53:38 PM »

Hello Lady Daviot.

I've been struggling with persistent nausea lately and finding it very difficult to cope especially with the loss of appetite that goes with it. I haven't had a cold as such but I've been sneezing a lot and had a mildly sore throat. Suddenly last week I felt so weak all  I could do was lay on my bed for three days. My energy has improved now and I was talking to someone today who tells me her friend went to bed for six days and had terrible muscle aches as well.

I knew there were some nasty bugs going around and assumed they were all respiratory infections but it seems there are other illnesses about as well.

During this time I've discovered that I have low Serum Ferritin which is a type of anaemia and I've been advised to take iron supplements and I wonder if you are the same and low iron is adding to our problems and slowing  recovery? I admit I didn't realise that it can take three weeks to get over a cold so maybe we just have to wait it out?
I'm sorry that I can't be much help but I wanted you to know that you are not alone and that I certainly sympathise.

Wishing you well.

K.

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 07:38:36 PM »

Hi all, so despite flu jab, avoiding public etc. I came down with another cold. Been around for a week and limited rest as just started new job so had to be on the go. Cough starting to go along with sinus pain but the frequent nausea is a rail pain. I know that it says it take around 3 weeks to get over a cold but just wondered how other are fairing with the range of colds out there.
I have got a persistent cold which has been doing the rounds at work. Took 3 days off work last week and expected to be rid of the worst of it by now. However still a bit bunged up and needing tissues/coughing. However no nausea at all. My appetite has remained 100%
I also had the flu jab.

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 07:41:49 PM »

Hello Lady Daviot.

I've been struggling with persistent nausea lately and finding it very difficult to cope especially with the loss of appetite that goes with it. I haven't had a cold as such but I've been sneezing a lot and had a mildly sore throat. Suddenly last week I felt so weak all  I could do was lay on my bed for three days. My energy has improved now and I was talking to someone today who tells me her friend went to bed for six days and had terrible muscle aches as well.

I knew there were some nasty bugs going around and assumed they were all respiratory infections but it seems there are other illnesses about as well.

During this time I've discovered that I have low Serum Ferritin which is a type of anaemia and I've been advised to take iron supplements and I wonder if you are the same and low iron is adding to our problems and slowing  recovery? I admit I didn't realise that it can take three weeks to get over a cold so maybe we just have to wait it out?
I'm sorry that I can't be much help but I wanted you to know that you are not alone and that I certainly sympathise.

Wishing you well.

K.
I had the feeling of a very mild cold with frequent sneezes for a month or so leading up to the cold. Then i got the sore throat and had aching limbs for a couple of days early last week.

Scampi

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 08:11:34 AM »

I started with my third cold in 6 weeks last Wednesday - this one started with a couple of days of aches and fatigue and a horrible feeling that my head wasn't properly attached!  Wasn't too bad when I was sat down, but standing and moving around set everything swimming.  It didn't make me nauseous, but I had no appetite for 2 days.  The cold 'proper' broke on Friday and other than being totally stuffed up and having a 'thick' head, I've felt ok since.  But I'm totally fed up having a cold - I've not been properly free of them since before Christmas.  I need sunlight (daylight would do tbh - it's dark when I leave home for work and dark when I get back .... I only see daylight through the office window except for weekends at this time of year, and I hate it), and a proper break I think (I had a week off work at Christmas, but hardly a 'break' - what with shopping trips, cooking, visiting, hosting, etc, I came back to work for a rest!!).

Daisydot

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 08:19:30 AM »

Morning ladies.I take vitamin d3 and multi b vitamins and have actually had a cold /virus free winter so far,you watch I'll catch everything now for bragging lol,you can buy both these things in a spray that you just spray into your mouth once or twice a day ,depending on brand,and it saves you losing any benefits from the vitamins via the digestive tract it's easier than taking pills.last year before I started these my immune system was terrible I caught every bug in what felt like a weekly basis so I highly recommend.berroca is also a good multi vitamin vary easy to take.good luck xx

Lady Daviot

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 12:42:26 PM »

Thanks Daisydot. Funny enough I take such spray etc along with all type of bits - I must stay in a bug prone area lol x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 01:21:54 PM »

I always feel sick about 3-4 days prior to a bad cold starting.  Once the nose starts to run the nausea goes away.  Feed a cold, starve a fever?

Snoooze

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 01:33:36 PM »

I suffer with sinus probems and cattarh and often feel sick which I think is due to the post nasal drip. I take an anti histamine which seems to help and I also sniff olbas oil in hot water over a bowl.

Katejo

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 05:25:35 PM »

I always feel sick about 3-4 days prior to a bad cold starting.  Once the nose starts to run the nausea goes away.  Feed a cold, starve a fever?
I have never had that. I lose appetite with the flu but don't actually feel sick but eat normally during colds.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 07:05:07 PM »

The other thing is that 3 days prior to a cold starting my left arm itches like fury - that's the site where my BCG injection was inserted. 

Sarai

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 07:06:37 PM »

I've had this cold/cough for over a week. I rarely get colds. This one is weird it pretends it's gone then resurfaces again. I've had the nausea and loss of appetite. Never had a cold like it, ever.

alibeau

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 10:32:53 AM »

Have you tried Manuka Honey?

I usually catch every cold/bug that my daughters kindly bring home from school.  Last Oct I started taking Manuka Honey twice a day and *touch wood* I have avoided the three colds they have had (one nasty one) in the last few months which for me is miraculous....

I should add that I have had a touch of nausea and the feeling that I am getting a cold but it has not developed into anything...

Ali x