Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68]

Author Topic: HRT--good or bad?  (Read 475767 times)

Sammiejane

Re: HRT--good or bad?
« Reply #1005 on: June 03, 2019, 05:15:44 PM »

hi soupdragon -

with regard to your HRT regime to you now take estrogen and testosterone.

When you took estradot only did you experience hair loss ?

are you experiencing hairloss since adding testosterone ?

What dosage are you on.

I had Total hysterectomy and oopherectomy at 35 so surgical induced menopause but had no symtoms of meno till 39 so didnt use hrt and my only symtom was Vagianal dampness, after trying one HRT didnt suit i now take estrogel and ovestin vaginally but am suffering hairloss since starting and a host of other things weightgain , mood irratic, depression, aniexty bowel problems, bloating headaches back pain since starting it i am on 2 pumps estrogel each day estrogen only HRT my meno wont give me testosterone yet as my estrogen levels in march 2019 were 195 and testosterone 0.08 what are your levels ?

Natatters

• First Flush
« Reply #1006 on: June 04, 2019, 09:34:59 PM »

Great for me tho its taken 3 different types and quite a while to get it right.My problem was it was causing bleeds when I shouldnt have had them as my periods had been stopped for a couple of years when I started it.Has improved my life 1000%!Hot flushes gone,night sweats all but gone,mood swings vastly improved...normal life resumed!

Juju have you managed to get the balance right! I have been having the same issues with bleeding when I shouldnít be. Am now on my third type of progesterone. Bleeding seems to have stopped (although a little spotting) but am still getting bad period like cramps. Interested to hear what worked for you.

Sammiejane

« Reply #1007 on: June 12, 2019, 04:25:01 PM »

Suemumof2teens

Hi sue

Can I ask you how old you were with total hysterectomy? Did you have ovaries removed ?
When u stopped the HRT did you notice hair shedding or are you now having hair loss.
I had hysterectomy and opherectomy at 35 yrs so both ovaries removed had no menopause for 4 yrs then started with bladder irritation and weakness dampness but started estrogen HrT first one didnít suit so stopped it and 7 weeks later sheíd lots of hair Iím now on estrogel 17b  but again not suiting me  my mood headaches nausea and hot flashes worse, insommnia aniexty weight gain bloated constipated and am still getting hair loss but as Iím only 40 Iím worried to stop it Incase I shed loads hair again but I feel awful.

Thanks sam

Dixie from Devon

• First Flush
« Reply #1008 on: June 13, 2019, 02:12:36 PM »

Hi

I'm 53 and began the menopause in October 2017 with almost every symptom you can imagine. Working in an executive office with Directors, the hot flushes and anxiety were not something I could have and I was determined to find something that would get me back to normal.  ;)

So I asked the doctor for HRT and went onto Elleste Duet, assuming it would magically stop all these symptoms. But then I had to manage the very  heavy monthly bleeds for 6 months (I didn't use to have very much of a bleed previous to menopause (barely a day of very light spotting) so to sit in the office or boardroom feeling blood pouring out of me was not a good option. So then I asked the Dr for a different option, but was told to wait until 1 year of taking it and then review everything. I spent a fortune on sanitary products and had supplies everywhere - the bleed would happen anytime day or night with no warning - it was such a nuisance.  :-\

After some thorough investigation on Google (!) I decided at my 1 year review to ask for Elleste Duet Conti and reluctantly the Dr agreed. Then I couldn't get the prescription and was told by various pharmacies that I wouldn't be able to get it because it is in short supply worldwide!! More investigation on Google and found that Kliofem was a good alternative. So I went back to the Dr and asked for this, telling her that Elleste Duet Conti was unobtainable!  ;)

Kliofem gave me daily bleeding for 3 months, some serious painful cramps, upset tummy, broken sleep, anxiety (again) and then I started to thoroughly investigate why. I can't tell you how much I read online about the drugs - estradiol 2 mg (an oestrogen identical to the one made in the ovaries) and norethisterone acetate 1 mg (a progestagen that acts in a similar way to the body's own hormone progesterone). The norethisterone was the part that was supposed to STOP the bleeding!  :o

Holiday of a lifetime looming, I decided that I would either go "cold turkey" and give up taking the HRT altogether or find a solution to stop the bleeding.
My husband, by the way, has been extremely supportive, loving, patient and kind - although he did say I was 'different' because of menopause which made me sad. I did feel that I'd lost my carefree attitude and my joy for life; that uninhibited zest for life ... I'd feel guilty because the menopause isn't an illness or disease, but I definitely wasn't ready for the disruption and bleeding, most embarrassing and inconvenient (poor car seat)  :(

So more reading and I discovered that I would need 'oestrogen blockers' and so began the supplements.

I got better and better and this week after making sure I take my Kliofem at exactly the same time every day and after taking Red Clover, Menopace, Wellwoman 50, Sage, vitamin d, vitamin e, oil of evening primrose, starflower, zinc, calcium and an A-Z multivitamin and mineral supplement, I have stopped bleeding, no pain, happy, energetic, tummy going down, calm, relaxed and I do believe I have found the right balance for me. I thought I would share this so that anyone else who takes Kliofem and is thinking of giving up because of the bleeding, this could be the answer for them!  ;D

Good luck to you all. Read as much as possible. Stay calm and carry on!!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 05:33:12 AM by Dixie from Devon »

Kathleen

« Reply #1009 on: June 13, 2019, 09:06:46 PM »

Hello Dixie from Devon and welcome to the forum.

Can I ask are you still using Kliofem and now only take supplements to treat your meno symptoms?

Wishing you well.

K.

Sammiejane

« Reply #1010 on: June 17, 2019, 03:05:42 PM »

Hi can I ask has anyone experienced hair loss on estrogel only HRT 2 pumps

Iíve tried increasing to 3 pumps as estrogen levels were only 195 and testosterone 0.8 however side effects worse and hair loss gets worse.

I had hysterectomy and ovary removed at 35 no HRT for 4 yrs till sept 2018 whereby tried patches first for 7 weeks and didnít suit so stopped then given vagifem 2 weeks later then 5 weeks into taking this I lost half my hair but itís thinned all over and receded behind ears and lost at nape of neck something is causing it either estrogen or stopping it I then started estrogel in dec 2018 but my hair still thinning and every strand is coming out full length of the hair and with white bulbs . I had mega thick hair to the point of too much and used to get it thinner but not now. When I took contraceptive pill I lost no hair and was on it 5 yrs yet estrogen only HRT bio identical seems to be causing it along with a host of other side effects GI issues weight gain irritability insommnia aniexty fatigue emotional wreck lots discharge  ! Iím thinking of stopping HRT and going on the pill as Iím only 40. Do u think my hair loss is an imbalance between progesterone and testosterone as these are low compared to estrogen ?

Birdy

« Reply #1011 on: June 17, 2019, 03:32:05 PM »

Low t (and high t) compared with oestrogen can cause hair loss, yes.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68]