Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femseven conti  (Read 1344 times)

Rufus657

Femseven conti
« on: January 12, 2018, 09:00:26 AM »

Hello All
I was prescribed femseven conti last June after a horrible experience with Elleste. I have felt fantastic on it. I was a late menopause lady! I've just turned 60 and suffered with menopause issues from about 55.

More recently ( the last 2 months or so) I've been suffering from heavy night sweats. I wonder why ? Does the body build up resistance tobtge patch.  ? Does any one have any advice on what I could do next.

Hurdity

Re: Femseven conti
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 11:56:53 AM »

Difficult to say? When was your last natural period? Oestrogen levels fall on average for approx two years following last period and then stabilise more or less (although there can still be some minor ovarian activity for some years I understand). Ideally at your age 50 mcg patch should be sufficient. However it could also be the progestogen affecting you maybe - or something else? Thyroid function, blood sugar etc? The body does not build up resistance as such no - it's not like a drug but your own body's oestrogen levels might have fallen - and you could be sensitive to it now, if you are still within a couple of years of menopause. I still maintain a cycle into my mid 60's to avoid any complications or side effects from continuous prog but I know most women cannot countenance having periods in their 60's - I just grin ( or scowl!) and bear it  ::)

Hurdity x

Rufus657

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 02:51:31 PM »

Thanks for your reply Hurdity. I think my last period was September 2014 or (possibly 2013) Ive lost track !  When you mention blood sugar do you mean high or low ?  Would there be another type of HRT I should take. I was very sensitive to Elleste. I felt so ill on it. Very Sore boobs and depressed and anxious etc. Femseven has been fantastic for my energy levels and mood etc it's a shame this is now happening. But funnily it didn't happen last night  :~

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 03:14:56 PM »

Hi Rufus. Are your patches sticking well? If not you may not be absorbing enough hormone.

Night sweats can also be a sign of an undetected infection so it might be worthwhile asking your GP for blood tests to check that all is ok.

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 10:37:03 AM »

Low blood sugar I understand -  diabetes is also associated with night sweats.

Once you have been checked out for other conditions or infection as Taz suggests then if all is well, time to think about maybe trying a cyclical HRT as I do? Probably not ideal to be increasing the dose once you're in your 60's although if the regime is not sufficient to eliminate night sweats and there is no other cause of these then that is a potential option.

Hurdity x