Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does HRT improve fatigue?  (Read 6898 times)

Donna-paul

Re: Does HRT improve fatigue?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 03:50:09 PM »

I find all this topic interesting as I've had M.e since I had my son 25 years ago. I've struggled with it for years and had to give up work I had hormonal melt down last summer when my periods stopped and all Perimenopausal symptoms I do believe hormones has a lot to answer. I just can't tolerate hrt we'll still trying!

Dotty

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 03:54:36 PM »

Donna - Paul .... which hrt have you tried?

knorman

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 04:26:22 PM »

I became ill 4.5 years ago and kept pushing myself through work etc. as everything I read up on how I was feeling led to being peri-meno and thought I just had to get on with it. Big mistake, I could kick myself now!  I think you are right that if we get the combo correct, it will help, but I know I have a way to go yet to recover.  However, miracles do happen!

knorman

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 04:30:24 PM »

It has worn my poor little brain and body out today trying to get my head round the HRT combo, so I think I am going to have to stop going round in circles.  Time will tell and thank you for advising re: the Oestrogel.

Donna-paul

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 04:40:59 PM »

I tried Femoston and elestte duet but was allergic to both on just the estrogen bit. Now on oestrogel 1 1/2 pumps a day trying to up to 2 but got terrible headaches and norethistrone. It's a stuggle and last resort to try otherwise I may have to try alternative route. I believe it's the M.E that's making it difficult I'm still preserving as they say you should try for 3 mths!

Kathleen

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 05:16:44 PM »

Hello ladies.

My trusty meno book mentions the link between low oestrogen and increased fatigue and poor quality sleep, "laboratory studies have shown that women who have normal levels of oestrogen fall asleep faster than women who don't...those with adequate levels also spend more time in the deepest stage of sleep and feel more refreshed when awake" so seems that we have poorer sleep quality even without night sweats. Oh the joys!

Take care ladies.

K.

Dotty

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 05:29:20 PM »

Kathleen... I agree with that. I have terrible sleep which is not always because of night sweats .

knorman

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2018, 08:56:18 AM »

I'm going to suggest the oestrogel pump to the Dr next if the burning tongue and lips do not go. Tried Elleste 2mg duet first and thought it was the progesterone, then Femseven patch, which kept the symptoms going and kept falling off, now on 1mg Elleste Solo with micronized progesterone, which I think is a bio-identical? I start the progesterone this evening, so fingers crossed I don't have a double whammy reaction. Hoping the 1mg being lower dose oestrogen may help with the allergic reaction, it is starting to take the night heats away again. Maybe third time lucky?

knorman

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2018, 08:58:45 AM »

If I don't come on here again later, have a good weekend all.

Hurdity

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2018, 11:51:55 AM »

I haven't read all this thread in detail - but aside from the obvious vitamin/iron deficiencies, being overweight or lack of exercise, other life-style issues - then fatigue (and including ME/CFS and fibromyalgia) can be caused by underactive thyroid, oestrogen deficiency and testosterone deficiency. Unfortunately none of these are tested and treated properly so a lot of women especially in mid-life get labelled with these conditions and then are stuck for life! Proper thyroid testing includes TSH, T3, T4 and anti-bodies (to test for Hasimoto's) and treatment requires a flexible idea of reference range ( that it's not an all or nothing concept - some women will get symptoms even while within the reference range for normal function). Oestrogen deficiency - will affect different women in different ways - there is not an absolute level below which women will feel fatigued and above which they are fine. Rule of thumb - try HRT especially if late menopause or post, preferably not continuous combined (to avoid the continuous sedative effect of the prog). Testosterone just isn't tested and is poorly understood for women - I mean there isn't even a test designed for women sensitive enough to detect abnormalities within our own reference range. Quote from my GP "We can't go round testing testosterone levels in all women who come here complaining of tiredness" !!! FFS - why not - at least consider its deficiency as a cause of symptoms. I was threatened (well suggested!) with referral for fibromyalgia - but I was having none of it and sadly (ie it should be available to all on NHS) had to go for private treatment for testosterone. So many of women's conditions are probably hormonal in one way or another....

Hurdity x

Dotty

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2018, 11:56:46 AM »

Hurdity...I agree.  I think  a lot of women are misdiagnosed with CFS when actually the problems are caused by hormones and menopause .

I've had every test going and everything you have suggested is fine and my blood tests show that I am very healthy.  Wish I felt healthy!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]