Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Considering trying HRT patches.  (Read 2924 times)

Harry Bear1

Considering trying HRT patches.
« on: December 12, 2017, 08:20:39 PM »

I am considering trying HRT patches to hopefully help settle my hot flushes. Have tried herbal remedies with no great success.

Hope you can share your experiences. My recent blood test revealed that my Serum FSH value is 60 - bearing in mind that the Luistenising Hormone (LH) for an adult female  postmenopose rsmges between 8-58).

:)

Salad

Re: Considering trying HRT patches.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 11:23:07 PM »

Hi  :)

It is well worth considering HRT to settle your hot flushes.
My GP suggested being guided by my symptom control when I first started. I'm not sure I've ever had my FSH checked but I do get my Oestrogen level monitored.

:welcomemm:

peri

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 07:53:09 AM »

I can recommend patches Harry Bear1, they've worked well for me.  Plus they are transdermal and don't go through the liver so are better for you x

Harry Bear1

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 09:56:54 PM »

Thank you so much to the ladies, who have taken their time to share their experiences with HRT - using patches.

Spoke to my GP this afternoon, and will Ben collecting my patches tomorrow. I will keep a diary of how I get on and will certainly keep you all posted.

Have a wonderful Christmas ladies  :) :)

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 05:57:44 PM »

Hi Harry Bear1

:welcomemm: from me too!

Another patch fan here! Have been using them for 10 + years and now in mid 60's....they worked on my flushes within days - I was late peri-menopause.

Where are you in menopause ie period regularity etc, how long your cycles are etc? Also what type are you trying? Do hope they work for you and improve your symptoms - do let us know :)

Hurdity x

Harry Bear1

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 09:50:53 PM »

Great to hear from an experienced ‘patch fan' . On the basis I have not had periods for the las 8 years and was not regular 2 years prior to that , and my FSH levels are at 60 I would say I am Post- menopause phase.

Started my first patch this evening and have been prescribed Evorel Conti patches (Jansen-colas Ltd) to be applied twice weekly.

I am healthy and fit as go to the gym 6 times a week so have no problem with my weight. My hope is to have less hot flushes so that I can have a decent 7 hrs sleep, and also get to enjoy my sex life again.
The other thing is alcohol is the biggest trigger that I have suffered with in the last couple of months, and have consequently chosen not to drink. Although I am not  a big drinker at all - I do enjoy a glass of champagne occasionally.

How long does it take before One starts to benefit from the effects?  :D :D

hughes41

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 12:29:15 PM »

hi all im 41 and have been going through the pre menopause for a while but the last year has been worse periods few if any i have hot flushes no sleep hardly i ache all the time but the worst i think is that i am exhausted to the point i just cry i am so exhausted  been to doctors a few times and my levels show my overies are doing nothing now they have gave me a pescription forevorel sequil patches but im scared to start using them with all the risks need some advice please thanks emma x
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:32:07 PM by hughes41 »

ancient runner

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 02:49:58 PM »

Emma that sounds exhausting. You should be on HRT to 52 at least which is the average age of meno - that protects your bones and heart. As I understand it, the benefits of HRT outweigh risks to 60 and balance each other out for the next decade. Everything in life carries a risk - my personal feeling is that quality of life is important.